IPTV Able to watch all countries except for any USA channels

Damoxz

Hi all,

I have an android TV with an IPTV app directly on the TV. The main channels that i would watch from my IPTV subscriber are the Irish, UK and USA channels. All was working fine for the last 2 years until about a week ago. One evening last week i changed channel to USA movies which i always do late evening. No USA movie channel or any channel from USA would not play at all just showing the constant buffering screen. All other channels from all other countries are working fine except for USA.

I thought that maybe its my ISP so i put on my VPN and all USA channels started working again. I don't like using the VPN as i have a Philips Amblight TV with Hue bulbs and strips and they wont work through the VPN on the TV.

I have discussed this issue with my IPTV provider but he can not figure it out at all as there is no problem his side. He stated that my Sub is coming from the one server only.

Now my question is this:

How can my ISP know to block only USA channels and no other channels from other countries?

Is there other data included in the network stream that is allowing my ISP to block it?

Any help at all on this would be grateful as it is a baffling problem.

Thanks all,
D

I have same problem back and forth with one supplier but not everyone with that supplier is affected last week just me few weeks before just me again then eventually everyone now its ok for the moment. VPn worked then eventually would not I had to keep changing servers and different countries.

I have same problem back and forth with one supplier but not everyone with that supplier is affected last week just me few weeks before just me again then eventually everyone now its ok for the moment. VPn worked then eventually would not I had to keep changing servers and different countries.

Did you find out what caused the problem...get to the root cause? or did your provider tell you what it was?

I cant figure out how an ISP can know what country stream you are watching from the network stream address which is the same for all countries except at the end where the numbers change as you change channel.

Thanks again for your reply, I just hope it will work itself out in a few weeks and see how it goes

Thanks again for your reply, I just hope it will work itself out in a few weeks and see how it goes
Use an android device instead with an app that has a built in vpn The problem is likely to be at the stream source not through your supplier who is just the middle man so to speak. I have had this a couple of times just with usa channels and found a work around.

Use an android device instead with an app that has a built in vpn The problem is likely to be at the stream source not through your supplier who is just the middle man so to speak. I have had this a couple of times just with usa channels and found a work around.

Yes I have an Android box and tried it on there and the same thing, also tried it on my phone too still the same... All channels from all countries work expect USA channels and when I turn on my VPN USA channels will then start working...

What workaround did you use?

Yes strange
It should work
Have you tried another provider to test if same problem?
I have two other provider usa channels ok on one other one I can get usa but all channels buffering even uk think that is isp provider virmin

I have two other provider usa channels ok on one other one I can get usa but all channels buffering even uk think that is isp provider virmin
I'm beginning to think that they are so many variables on IPTV that it could be anything really... All was ok up until a few days ago and then boom

On your isp v i r g i n account:
Is websafe switched off?
yes and to honest i don't think turning that off would make any difference went for years with talktalk security settings enabled because the wife would not register online to make account.

Yes I have an Android box and tried it on there and the same thing, also tried it on my phone too still the same... All channels from all countries work expect USA channels and when I turn on my VPN USA channels will then start working...

What workaround did you use?
Use an app with a built in vpn which i said about.

Back