Iptv choice

Lfc2007

Thinking of securing a device to run IPTV.

Just wondering if people have good performance for IPTV using a good box like the Minute U9 / NVIDIA Shield / Xiaomi Mi Box...

Or would I be better serviced by a M254. Hearing MAG254 EPG sucks?

Thanks in advance for help and guidance.

All good really depends on the experience you are after as well as the service provider of the IPTV.

I have a meg 254 box running a very stable iptv. However the user interface is not intuitive and sucks really.

The same with the android boxes. I have tried to run IPTV using Kodi and simple PVR but again the interface sucks.

Plex the same not intuitive enough.

On my android tablet i have perfect player and it does the job well not intuitive, but when im at work or waiting for the kids it comes in handy

The best user interface i have come across is in the form of a zgemma box if set up correctly with the epg and picons the user experience can mimic the original sly service very well. Last night i added my IPTV to the zgemma i set up a separate HD bouquet and now have the ability to watch HD channels on the zgemma and the user interface is very much improved. I will be looking at replacing/added the HD IPTV channels to the existing bouquets and trying to keep the original sly channel numbers. i doubt i will be able to get this done, as the channel list updates often and this could put the whole whooshbuild out of whack. The EPG is another thing i will be working on in the upcoming downtime i may have.

But to answer your original question it all depends on the experience you are after

Thanks bud...
Currently using ZGEMMA but read the IPTV can be very hit and miss and that a dedicated box such as mag will run it smoother.

Reading up seems EPG limited for IPTV regardless?
Would also like said box to be capable of 5.1 audio but tough to find information on this.

All good really depends on the experience you are after as well as the service provider of the IPTV.

I have a meg 254 box running a very stable iptv. However the user interface is not intuitive and sucks really.

The same with the android boxes. I have tried to run IPTV using Kodi and simple PVR but again the interface sucks.

On my android tablet i have perfect player and it does the job well not intuitive, but when im at work or waiting for the kids it comes in handy

The best user interface i have come across is in the form of a zgemma box if set up correctly with the epg and picons the user experience can mimic the original sly service very well. Last night i added my IPTV to the zgemma i set up a separate HD bouquet and now have the ability to watch HD channels on the zgemma and the user interface is very much improved. I will be looking at replacing/added the HD IPTV channels to the existing bouquets and trying to keep the original sly channel numbers. i doubt i will be able to get this done, as the channel list updates often and this could put the whole whooshbuild out of whack. The EPG is another thing i will be working on in the upcoming downtime i may have.

But to answer your original question it all depends on the experience you are after

How about a dummies setup guide once you have this IPTV thing sussed?

Back