IPTV Freezing and no it's not the sub.

Boro7492

Hi Guys,

Need some help!

I have an iptv sub on my zgemma box which I used to use on android. The issue I am having after every 2 minutes the stream freezes. To stop this I have to go to the next channel and go back to the previous channel and it starts working fine.

Now it isn't the sub I have tested it on my android box and it works fine. It is not buffering cause I have left it for half an hour and nothing happens.

So I am baffled why it keeps freezing and I don't want to go back to android.

H2S shouldn't freeze , a memory pen may help, have a few h2s and a few 2s running with friends with no freezing issues, maybe reflash with ipab

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

...also I would look at internet connection on box , looks like the streams are losing internet for a minute or so, maybe a bad dongle or homeplugs, if you haven't a direct connection to router I would put my money on the internet

Last edited by a moderator:
...also I would look at internet connection on box , looks like the streams are losing internet for a minute or so, maybe a bad dongle or homeplugs, if you haven't a direct connection to router I would put my money on the internet

I have flashed with ipab and the box itself doesn't freeze it is just the stream. I can still use the box perfectly fine and to get the stream going again I have to go to the next channel then back to the previous one.

I am using a homeplug so maybe it is that but my friend has the same box as me which I gave him. His is direct to the router via ethernet and has the same problem..

Are you on decent internet ? Ping is important, even though your net is fine it may be dropping out due to a line fault, homeplugs, etc , do a speed test and monitor for a few hours , see if it drops speed and ping

turn your zgemma, homeplugs and router for 10 minutes and reconnect them all. works for me alot of the times. also make sure the homeplugs are not in extension leads.

another thing i have noted i aint got a clue why but i find if cccam or mgcamd is running while watching a ipteev channel they seem to freeze. try turning off cccam or mgcamd off for a hour and see if the streams are more stable i find they are and i have deleted all my cccam and mgcamd files as my providers turned off his cs server

Last edited by a moderator:
another thing i have noted i aint got a clue why but i find if cccam or mgcamd is running while watching a ipteev channel they seem to freeze. try turning off cccam or mgcamd off for a hour and see if the streams are more stable i find they are and i have deleted all my cccam and mgcamd files as my providers turned off his cs server

Just don't understand it my brother in law has a box and my friend which I set up for them and they have the same issue. It seems to only be on a few channels. But if I test them on my android box they work fine.

Even my friend is connected direct to the router and has the issue. The sub isn't the issue, I have tried wooshbuild, ipab and even stock openatv and having the problem.

All channels are not the same
They get them of different people. Someone might compress it so much but another won't as much

I have a problem with some channels doing it
I pause the channel and it makes it work just fine

I get this issue and would just flick the channels when it happens..i notice it more in the morning if I've left the box on overnight, I'd turn the tv on and it would just be a solid image on screen.

Would a swap file maybe help the box out with this? It is working alot more with regards to processing etc when using iptv.

Ive also deleted my cams on the box as they aren't used.. with some luck maybe that can help.

If one of those freezes occur when recording that's my worry as I would rec late night boxing and ufc and it would be ruined if that was to happen.

Hi Guys,

Need some help!

I have an iptv sub on my zgemma box which I used to use on android. The issue I am having after every 2 minutes the stream freezes. To stop this I have to go to the next channel and go back to the previous channel and it starts working fine.

Now it isn't the sub I have tested it on my android box and it works fine. It is not buffering cause I have left it for half an hour and nothing happens.

So I am baffled why it keeps freezing and I don't want to go back to android.
Did you ever find a solution to this problem as I have the same issue, it seems to be a common problem with the zgemma box

@Darkavenger89 I'm using a zgemma h2s for iptv mate and don't seem to have the problems the op has stated in his post I get the odd loop back on bein sports but not like others have stated I would recommend an h2s for iptv over a star 2s but everyone will have different opinions like yourself but I'm still using remaining sat channels aswell

@Darkavenger89 I'm using a zgemma h2s for iptv mate and don't seem to have the problems the op has stated in his post I get the odd loop back on bein sports but not like others have stated I would recommend an h2s for iptv over a star 2s but everyone will have different opinions like yourself but I'm still using remaining sat channels aswell
ok thanks, I think its definitely a box issue rather than an internet issue as op said just changing the channel unfreezes it.

ok thanks, I think its definitely a box issue rather than an internet issue as op said just changing the channel unfreezes it.
In all honesty that's iptv it's never going to be freeze free or glitch free there is improvement to be made you could run it on anything and still have problems with freezing glitches and still have to change channel to get it back on

Reading this thread with interest. I, like the OP, have very similar issues, but I generally get freezing on ad breaks and have to switch the channel up/down, this happens on Zgemma H2s, Android Box, Fire TV using a variety of different apps. Provider is 100% certain it's not their fault, ISP cannot find any errors, I have done literally everything that I can think of. I know most people will say it's the provider, but once the ad breaks are over the channels play perfectly......does anyone else get this issue, is there anything else I can do, it's driving me mad.

I have done everything that has been suggested on this post.

@dt99 What video settings are you using? If you play a sat channel with native resolution, when the adverts come on it flicks from 16:9, letterbox mode to 4:3 and all over the place with each advert. I wouldn't be surprised if this was something to do with this.

It could be that it's your provider that's compressing them all to the same format as the programme so the stream is all the same and then it's maybe taking a fraction longer to process causing stuttering or freezing?

Only a guess though

I currently have the zgemma set as 1080p 50hz as recommended by my supplier. I have tried numerous other setings though and it still does the same. The other thing is, sometimes it locks up just as the program ends, just as the ads are about to start.......well annoying if you are watching something with a mini cliff hanger.

When I switch up/down and then back, it's like the stream jumps back about 10 seconds as well.

Plus, just to confuse matters. I have been testing my IPTV on a Windows laptop using VLC player all morning......not one freeze. It has to be something to do with my Zgemma/Android equipment.

Last edited:
Back