is iptv on openbox v8s possible

I have iptv working on openbox. It's only 24hr test line but so far so good. Just renamed file to WebTV.m3u & loaded it onto box via USB on web Tv menu. I had tried a test from different provider last week and had no channel names and wouldn't connect so might just depend on where your are getting line. Yes it's slow to change channels but even found it slow to change channel on firestick

Done a few of these...simply downloaded the m3u file from my supplier renamed it's WebTV.m3u and menu...multimedia...WebTV like barley says....a doddle [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
how do you rename it I have my m3u file from supplier but don't know how to rename it

hi, is it possible to get an iptv m3u line working on an openbox v8s, if so how do you do it
if I got an m3u line off an iptv server what are the steps on putting it on an openbox v8s if its possible
Hi, do you sell IPTV line for openbox V8S?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

It is possible but is very basic. The v8s does have a crashing issue when changing channel within the WebTV. There is the issue of the No Channel name on the channel list that pkr-gramps touched on. As mentioned it is possible if its your only option but very basic.

It is possible but is very basic. The v8s does have a crashing issue when changing channel within the WebTV. There is the issue of the No Channel name on the channel list that pkr-gramps touched on. As mentioned it is possible if its your only option but very basic.
If there is no channel name than how i will found which channel is what

It should have the names next to the channel number. It is a issue which seems to be with the WebTV on the v8s box. There are a few members who have mentioned a fix within the forum about the issue.

It should have the names next to the channel number. It is a issue which seems to be with the WebTV on the v8s box. There are a few members who have mentioned a fix within the forum about the issue.
I have smart tv as well

Hi guys I put iptv on my v8s USB m3u which works but all the channels have no name as anyone else add this problem
Cheers
I found a program which will convert your original m3u file and save a copy as WebTV.m3u. It keeps all the original channel names. Its called Swan IPTV m3u converter. Hopefully it uploads here ok. If not, get back to me and I will forward it directly.

Attachments

• Swan msu Converter.zip
    11.7 KB · Views: 575
I'm new to IPTV and running the Openbox V8S. It works but I wouldn't recommend it, regularly freezes when you are flicking through channels and then you have to kill the power to get it working again. Plus no EPG. Also football yesterday was unwatchable (pic freezing), though not sure if that was down to my provider, waiting on a reply.

I had the same problems as stated above. I found that once you have your m3u file from your provider you then download this and rename it. Most guides state to rename webtv.m3u, which i did. For my V8S this failed to recognise the file. After a bit of searching I found that if you just rename the file webtv without the .m3u extension this works, which it did for me.

It seems for some V8S boxes it works with the .m3u extension and for others like mine it only works without the extension and just renaming the file webtv. Whether this is down to some differences between boxes or the .m3u files from providers, I don't have the technical knowledge to say.

In terms of uploading the file to the V8S, process is exactly as described in an earlier post by barneygumble, takes just a minute to sort.

I'm looking at getting a new box and leaning towards the mag256, seems a solid choice, any others I should look at?

Cheers
I'm new to IPTV and running the Openbox V8S. It works but I wouldn't recommend it, regularly freezes when you are flicking through channels and then you have to kill the power to get it working again. Plus no EPG. Also football yesterday was unwatchable (pic freezing), though not sure if that was down to my provider, waiting on a reply.

I had the same problems as stated above. I found that once you have your m3u file from your provider you then download this and rename it. Most guides state to rename webtv.m3u, which i did. For my V8S this failed to recognise the file. After a bit of searching I found that if you just rename the file webtv without the .m3u extension this works, which it did for me.

It seems for some V8S boxes it works with the .m3u extension and for others like mine it only works without the extension and just renaming the file webtv. Whether this is down to some differences between boxes or the .m3u files from providers, I don't have the technical knowledge to say.

In terms of uploading the file to the V8S, process is exactly as described in an earlier post by barneygumble, takes just a minute to sort.

I'm looking at getting a new box and leaning towards the mag256, seems a solid choice, any others I should look at?

Cheers

Hello Matie

The file needs an extension of some sort so do you mean it was named webtv.txt and not webtv.m3u?

Cheers

New firmware available next few days which will provide extreme app for openbox v8s users Basically enter your url username password

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

It work's mate i have done load's make sure you do this, Because this is your problem

also you can copy the m3u fomat to usb drive, the STB support the format (Note:the file name must be tvlist.m3u)

Do you have to scroll through whole list to get to channels or do you have a guide in your links? My provider says you have scroll to find channels takes to ling

Do you have to scroll through whole list to get to channels or do you have a guide in your links? My provider says you have scroll to find channels takes to ling

Yes mate you got to scroll to find channels in that big list lol its the only way for now

You say for now.... will that change or shall i look for something else?

Don't want to pay out if its all going to be blocked again for start of footy season

I found a program which will convert your original m3u file and save a copy as WebTV.m3u. It keeps all the original channel names. Its called Swan IPTV m3u converter. Hopefully it uploads here ok. If not, get back to me and I will forward it directly.
How do you open the file with this program?, when i select openwith it opens the program but not the file

Back