is iptv on openbox v8s possible

I'm new to IPTV and running the Openbox V8S. It works but I wouldn't recommend it, regularly freezes when you are flicking through channels and then you have to kill the power to get it working again. Plus no EPG. Also football yesterday was unwatchable (pic freezing), though not sure if that was down to my provider, waiting on a reply.

I had the same problems as stated above. I found that once you have your m3u file from your provider you then download this and rename it. Most guides state to rename webtv.m3u, which i did. For my V8S this failed to recognise the file. After a bit of searching I found that if you just rename the file webtv without the .m3u extension this works, which it did for me.

It seems for some V8S boxes it works with the .m3u extension and for others like mine it only works without the extension and just renaming the file webtv. Whether this is down to some differences between boxes or the .m3u files from providers, I don't have the technical knowledge to say.

In terms of uploading the file to the V8S, process is exactly as described in an earlier post by barneygumble, takes just a minute to sort.

I'm looking at getting a new box and leaning towards the mag256, seems a solid choice, any others I should look at?

Cheers
Alright pal you seem to know what your doing with this iptv and openbox, just got line off server!! Do i copy paste file into notepad then put in a folder and rename it .m3u and select " all files"??
Ta

Hi Guys
Just trying to set up old v8s with web tv for iptv
Ive received my m3u as an example below. Ive installed via notepad on fat 32 usb but when installing no joy any advice or edit i have to do to script please
Thankyou idledawn
Examplehttp://donaldduck.net:25461/get.php?
usernameexample=Donaldpassword=webtvlist&output=ts

Hi wanting some help on getting a iptv file on my open box v8s can anyone point me in the right direction please

Worked for me using webtv m3u it's not great though as it's just one long list openboxes are not really designed for iptv

Worked for me using webtv m3u it's not great though as it's just one long list openboxes are not really designed for iptv

Cheers
Hi
Any joy with script on v8s
How do i actually get file onto usb please in laymans terms
Guidance appreciated please
Regards

Just wanted to known have a list however stops after 20 to 30 seconds and I have to flip channels to get it back but again only lasts 30 seconds. There are some streams with movies which play fine just live TV has issues

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hi bucharoo
I have the script etc m3u ending with =ts
I did put that on usb as the script but come up failed?
Could you guide me from step 1 please
Do i open all the complete files then copy?
Then i get confused with renaming
Thankyou
Idledawn

Back