Just bought 1st starview 7 box

best to use the f connector ones as you get a better connection.

Attachments

• vm splitter.jpg
    vm splitter.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 55
  • f_connector_screw_ken_able.jpg
    f_connector_screw_ken_able.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 57
what most houses have for basic tv,a socket for getting a coaxial signal.you know what a cat5 internet cable is hopefully:beg:as used on pcs,lappy and other lan devices;)

Attachments

• OUTLET10.jpg
    OUTLET10.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 53
That's all way over my head mate. Just wondering if I open vm box inside house and has 2 connection should I run a cable direct to sv7. And if only one connection wot way should I hook it up

hello there was talking to yourselfs on thurs about taking photo of vm box inside house need help on how to put photo up on this site

hows it goin cactikid, had a look at the thread.think that thread is for posting pic from online. i took my photo on camera and put on file on laptop, the vm box inside house i took pic of has 1 cable coming in and ONLY 1 connection for a cable goin out just wondering how i show set it up regarding where to connect cable and how to connect wireless router.
many thanks

ok just checking download photo to ****remember where as i forget lol,on the forum reply scroll down and see manage attachments,add files from the select files browse section of lappy to find the photo you downloaded click in to save and upload to site,try that.

when you say cable coming out is it a coaxial cable or lan/internet cable,think you might need a router,others can advise on that.

Last edited:
i have a coaxial cable coming from just inside house and its goin straight to wireless router,
do i need to disconnect it from wireless router and put into rear of sv7 box ?
or should i just run ethernet cable from wireless router to sv7 box ?

i would say coaxial cable to a splitter with f connectors 1 side into router other 1 into coaxial input of box,and you will also need a lan.cat5 cable to connect to router.
always need 2 cables as the coaxial cable is used for scanning in the channels and the lan for connection to their place to decrypt.

nice one mate, gonna try setting it up 2moro, working 2nite :cry:. have u heard anything about new firmware for sv7 and about it all being down

Can someone please help me out once more. Have just powered up my sv7 box. But can't find the box number anywhere.

Hi all.
looking a bit of help. Have just connected my sv7 box & paid subs for 1 yr,
Am now getting blue box on screen saying " LOGIN MESSAGE. Not registered box".
Channels not working either ?
please help!

Members report it taking a number of days aftter paying subs for box to be connected,

Have you got the right FW on box, also failing all info and help members give you, if still the same contact whoever you paid the sub to

Back