Laptop fan won't work dell E6510

UPDATE:
I couldn't upgrade the bios coz battery is dead and Bois won't update except there's a battery with over 10% charge. So I've just ordered for battery waiting for it to be delivered.
i was trying to downgrade my BIOS but it wont downgrade, will yours not upgrade with power suppy connected ?#

Last edited:
i was trying to downgrade my BIOS but it wont downgrade, will yours not upgrade with power suppy connected ?#
It refused to upgrade on power supply. I had to put my old battery just to see if it would work, but it didn't. Saying I've to have atleast 10% juice on the battery.

i followed steps from dell page it goes thro the motion to downgrade but when it reboots its still on same bios

UPDATE:
I couldn't upgrade the bios coz battery is dead and Bois won't update except there's a battery with over 10% charge. So I've just ordered for battery waiting for it to be delivered.
Wow! Maybe this del is just acting like a crack head. And I was thinking if I upgrade my bios and the fan isn't fixed, I'll downgrade my bios.

HI i have a dell E6510 the prob is when the fan is in the laptop it wont work but if i hook it up to a external power supply it works but when i put in back in laptop is spun for about 3 seconds then stopped
does anyone know what the prob. might be i tried speedfan but it doesn't recognize the fan
thanx for any help
it may not spin until temperatures get hot enough to need cooling. try checking in the bios what the temperature is and if the fan can be make to keep running.

it may not spin until temperatures get hot enough to need cooling. try checking in the bios what the temperature is and if the fan can be make to keep running.
hi thnx
i dont have that option in BIOS
the temperature option isnt availabe either
cheers

its a laptop but i will check where and how
cheers
i dont have this option thnx

i was reading this

Emmydny

ive set it up following the video
just have to see if it works tho not confident because my fan doesnt work when i turn laptop on
it runs for about 3 seconds if i press the power button twice at boot
I also tried removing COSMOS battery but that didntt help either

i was reading this

Emmydny

just have to see if it works tho not confident because my fan doesnt work when i turn laptop on
Thank you lad, I'll try this out too. Just got my battery order would fix and try both and see which works out for me.

i was reading this

Emmydny

Well I tried this, installed the software but I couldn't figure out what to do. I'm thinking of downgrading my bios too. I've seen some articles this fix this issues after downgrading of bios.

Well I tried this, installed the software but I couldn't figure out what to do. I'm thinking of downgrading my bios too. I've seen some articles this fix this issues after downgrading of bios.
i followed steps from dell page to downgrade bios it goes thro the motion to downgrade but when it reboots its still on same bios

let me know how u gt on

Back