laptop infomation please

dee

TK Veteran
looks like im going to get the razor xp installed.
wot else will i need to get it up and running, nortons half price at tesco at the mo, its got built in wireless, any help on the matter would be great TK, thanx.

I have read that the latest versions of Norton are much improved, BUT with so many excellent freeware programs out there, why mess with it at all. I use Avira AntiVir Personal and it has been working great.
As Noel posted, have a look at dk's thread, it has a lot of good information in it.
What other kind of info was you looking for, aside form security software dee?

setting up wireless ferg understand it can be a pain, wots needed to do that. would be a good start.

Setting up a wireless network is very easy, Dee. I have helped a couple people at work over the phone set up their network.

it was you rtm that got me thinking when your pc went down, thought id better cover myself, if i get into probs il let you no.(y)

LOL.....glad I got ya thinkin!!

For my wireless, I have a wireless G router.....updated the firmware and have it WAP2 encrypted....I know there is the N wireless, but I haven't dealt with them, so I tend to stick with the G network.

just gone back and read it all again, says primary drive none, so wots that going to cost to sort, don` forget i no nowt. lol

So the laptop you are looking at does not come with a hard drive installed? The price will be dependent upon the size and type that you require. You know that I am from the states so I know not where to tell you to shop at.

cheers ferg, other im looking at is a dell d410,1.73 ghz wifi,dvd,xp price £185.
1024mb, 1gb, 40gb wireless. just went back and had a look.

Last edited:
Dee, I am just curious, are you just wanting a way to back up your files and stuff? Or are you actually wanting/needing a backup pc?

That last post sounds a little better, at least it comes with a HDD. Did you post the details of the other? I guess I need to go back and see. lol

no ferg i didnt, lookin so the misses can play, but also need a back up, i was given this pc, its hand built, already changed the hardrive. basically lookin to have another option if this goes down, not worried about down loading, iv a dvd player sitting under the plasma that never gets used,lol also a soround sound thats only used for sport. basicaly lookin for a half decent lappy of ebay. then il pest you all how to sort it. soz if im being a pain, but im thick when it comes to computers.

You are definitely not being a pain dee. We wouldn't be here if we didn't enjoy helping. I may not be as much help as some of the others in this area, but I will assist all I can.

Somewhere you had posted that you were looking at a razor and mentioned the company. I had did aquick search, and for one being sold on ebay...that I believe someone had just purchased.

Toshiba Razor on Ebay

The top description said no HDD but the details did say it had a 40GB HDD.

Back