OTHER Man cave / summer room football watching

Dcavanagh

I have a xtrend 8500 dual tuner cable box in my front room with the virmin broadband router and a additional TiVo box in the back room. The xtrend is a great bit of kit and I have never had any issues with it for almost a year with help from the people on this site..

Having my garage / workshop converted into a summer house / man cave at the moment to escape the kids, either they go in it or I will,tbc.

I am going to run new virmin cable from the main router in the front room to the New room and I will also have some cat 6 sheilded cable for broadband future proofing.

I will be putting a Samsung non smart tv in the New room. What's my best option for watching football, do i need to buy a new box / sub or is an alternative available?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

man cave insulated and soundproofed you could go with many options,beer/wine cooler and games/lazyboy chair?
you could have an old sat box on freesat if you had a dish,i have a tm nano sat box no cable or sat connections running my cable + epg through it.
no problem getting a second box and maybe using a different server as if one box goes down other should work.
i bought an octo android box very fast as loving the movies might have a gander what happens with the sports when it happens.
my man cave is in the bedroom with a high mounted tv ,yamaha sound bar,then various boxes for different uses and a subwoofer in the bottom cabinet.
i did have flashing leds but they stopped working:grin::grin:

I have a xtrend 8500 dual tuner cable box in my front room with the virmin broadband router and a additional TiVo box in the back room. The xtrend is a great bit of kit and I have never had any issues with it for almost a year with help from the people on this site..

Having my garage / workshop converted into a summer house / man cave at the moment to escape the kids, either they go in it or I will,tbc.

I am going to run new virmin cable from the main router in the front room to the New room and I will also have some cat 6 sheilded cable for broadband future proofing.

I will be putting a Samsung non smart tv in the New room. What's my best option for watching football, do i need to buy a new box / sub or is an alternative available?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Magbox and just a sports iptv sub for around £90 and you could run it via wifi if the man cave can pick up a decent signal

there is also the option of using kodi on a second box and using the vu+ enigma plugin branded vu+ but works on any boxs i do this in one of the bedrooms as i already had a fire stick on that TV and didnt fancy falkin out for a second enigma box for its occasional use, obviously this uses 1 of the tuners on your xtrend when connected but its something to think about :)

man cave insulated and soundproofed you could go with many options,beer/wine cooler and games/lazyboy chair?
you could have an old sat box on freesat if you had a dish,i have a tm nano sat box no cable or sat connections running my cable + epg through it.
no problem getting a second box and maybe using a different server as if one box goes down other should work.
i bought an octo android box very fast as loving the movies might have a gander what happens with the sports when it happens.
my man cave is in the bedroom with a high mounted tv ,yamaha sound bar,then various boxes for different uses and a subwoofer in the bottom cabinet.

Think the wife will win the battle for the room! So will be full of cushions and pastel colours not my gadgets and gizmos

Need to have a good look around about iptv options, it's just that loads on here bad mouth the stability of iptv

I thought you said m8 you where gonna put another feed in there? you already got cable, so hook it up and get another box in there, cable so much better than iptv any day?

my line provider allows me to connect up to 3 boxes of the same line.

I thought you said m8 you where gonna put another feed in there? you already got cable, so hook it up and get another box in there, cable so much better than iptv any day?

my line provider allows me to connect up to 3 boxes of the same line.

I will check with my line provider as my year cable sub is up next month. Didn't think they would let you use the line more than once, but I suppose sly and virmin have multi room deals.
Just looking for the cheapest way to watch mainly football on the odd occasion.

I will check with my line provider as my year cable sub is up next month. Didn't think they would let you use the line more than once, but I suppose sly and virmin have multi room deals.
Just looking for the cheapest way to watch mainly football on the odd occasion.
Not many will allow multiroom on cable,Just check with your provider

Back