Messi To Leave Barcelona?

So what La liga never had minnow teams?

Doubt he would go to france or germany. England and Italy are only really alternatives.

If he wants the big money he may just go to China.

But I am sure he would relish playing against the big 6 and sides like leeds, wolves etc.

Opposition in premier league is much tougher than other leagues in Europe.

La Liga confirmed that Lionel Messi’s current contract is still valid and interested clubs must pay his €700m release clause

La Liga confirmed that Lionel Messi’s current contract is still valid and interested clubs must pay his €700m release clause
Not a prayer is anyone in their right mind going to activate his buy out clause ffs i dont care which club in which league it is its just a rediculous amount to keep the scavengers away lol.
He either wants out to get more money or hes finally realised barca are way past their sell by date now and so many players coming to the end of their playing careers etc

Not sure if la Liga are going to end up being the final arbiter on the nuances of an employment contract here.

Reports Messi has refused to attend the club's covid testing today.

Utterly bizarre that things could get so ugly between the two.

Barca claim to be more than a club yet are at war with a player that has given them so much

Really dislike messi's arrogance. He is a part of Barca's fall. His performance against Bayern was bordering on negligence.

Yeah his 2nd half performance against bayern was shocking and he sure didnt help matters and i think he seemed to think that he did not need to do any running around to chase the ball down and it contributed to their downfall thats for sure.
Same as i previously mentioned can you imagine the score if it was 2 legs its shocking to even think about :X3:

i do wonder how much messi would be worth to any team.

what's the lowest release clause that would be triggered?

i don't think it's above £100m

Chelsea has reportedly met a release clause of 90 million for havertz so if Messi was to drop to 100 million it would easily be paid by some clubs this has been going on for a good few year 2013 Chelsea met the release clause for Messi to have a change of heart but the boardroom ect havnt helped the situation with the club.
Just shows how once the most feared team in Europe can end up in such limbo

yeah, maybe.

a club like chelsea are who are on the cusp of delivering great things are the type of club messi can make a difference for over a 3 year period. but even then he might not represent the best investment of the sort of money

for example i think havertz is such a better investment than messi and if they were the same price i know which i'd go for.

seen people bandy sums like 200m for him and i just cannot see how that would represent the best use of that sort of money for any club

Really dislike messi's arrogance. He is a part of Barca's fall. His performance against Bayern was bordering on negligence.

What has he done that you perceive to be arrogant? I haven't seen or read anything from him that says anything other than he's being firm in his wish to leave.

The problem is that messi contract states he can leave for free after every season, why put that in if your now going to argue it? I understand letting him leave for free is ridiculous but that's what they agreed and look whats he's done at that club, he should be allowed to leave for a new challenge. He should of come to the prem years ago, great player but I agree with @teddybloat, I dislike is arrogance

So he should stay humble and not stand up for what he believes to be a legally binding clause in his contract, not to mention the goodwill he feels he's owed after dedicating his whole career so far to the club. Alright.

He done this about 5 times during this career at barca, when things dont go this way, barca give him what he wants bcuz how good he is.

I remember a few years back he said he wants to leave to go back to Argentina lmao he was 29 at the time. Nothing that a million a week cant fix

all of a sudden he wants a new challenge at 33/34 now ronald koeman has taken the reings and a president there who he dont want there? I find it all bizarre tbh.

Cant get away from pure greed. Guess £100 million plus a year just isnt enough for that guy.

As much as an amazing player he is he does seem to be a cancer in the dressing room trying to get his own way from various reports.

Not sure would be wise to have someone like that in the dressing room no matter their quality.

Back