More channels gone.

Hi All,

I have read on another forum that Sly have been working on a new encryption for some time and they recently rolled out a trial on a few of the channels live to block them. I assume this is what is going on and if this trial works for them then they will roll it out fully.

The new Sky Q box was the gamechanger . The minute i saw those ads on the telly i had a feeling

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

From what I have heard this code is quite difficult to crack. The people working on the fix is a lot smaller than people think.

This is all from what I have read on a few other forums.

If virmin have a brain I would not change to nagra 4. Seeing as you have to a active service from them they could pick up a bucket load of broadband connections.

£30-£40 for a connection with home phone better than nothing. It's not like sly aim your dish and any broadband would do, sly gets nothing, it's not quite the same for virmin

You do vm going cardless at minute they don't install any boxes that need a card and are swaping out the old 8310 boxes. As for nagra 4 no such thing:grin:

question, I know sly are blocking our channels for anyone using c/s but have they actually stopped the same channels for the actual card holder(those that we purchase the c/line from) I would say that if the original card holder can still receive the channels that have gone black then there should be some code(embedded) that has been sent to their box to stop them c/s/ing,if this is the case then someone must be able to crack this new code that is causing the problem by analysing their box for code that is not on a card/box that has not been c/s/ing,this is probably not the right place to ask as we are all tight buggers wishing to save a few quid so probably don't have access to a legal box that has never c/s before to see if they can receive these black channels. If teenagers in their bedrooms can hack the c I a and other high security sites then these very same people would have the intelligence to solve our problem.personally for me I joined the party too late to have received much benefit but I'm sure that there are thousands of people/organisations that are supplying and making money from this current scheme worldwide that someone somewhere will come up with a fix.

question, I know sly are blocking our channels for anyone using c/s but have they actually stopped the same channels for the actual card holder(those that we purchase the c/line from) I would say that if the original card holder can still receive the channels that have gone black then there should be some code(embedded) that has been sent to their box to stop them c/s/ing,if this is the case then someone must be able to crack this new code that is causing the problem by analysing their box for code that is not on a card/box that has not been c/s/ing,this is probably not the right place to ask as we are all tight buggers wishing to save a few quid so probably don't have access to a legal box that has never c/s before to see if they can receive these black channels. If teenagers in their bedrooms can hack the c I a and other high security sites then these very same people would have the intelligence to solve our problem.personally for me I joined the party too late to have received much benefit but I'm sure that there are thousands of people/organisations that are supplying and making money from this current scheme worldwide that someone somewhere will come up with a fix.

Yes old SD boxes are clearing the dark channels
Sure someone can/has cracked the encryption but who says they are gonna let their secret out?

Extremely unlikely due to the fact that they couldn't get past the HD BLOCK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HD is hardware paired though. Not really the same thing even if it's similar (I don't know if it is) stuff on a software level.

HD is hardware paired though. Not really the same thing even if it's similar (I don't know if it is) stuff on a software level.

So they just going to 'hardware pair' SD and we still getting dark screens

Yes old SD boxes are clearing the dark channels
Sure someone can/has cracked the encryption but who says they are gonna let their secret out?
surely if someone can/has cracked this encryption even if they didn't tell you how it was done they would make a fortune by being the only one to supply the service so it then wouldn't take long for it to become common knowledge, I think the encryption is only applied the moment a cards details are shared/transmitted via a server as you have stated that the old S D boxes are clearing the channels

surely if someone can/has cracked this encryption even if they didn't tell you how it was done they would make a fortune by being the only one to supply the service so it then wouldn't take long for it to become common knowledge, I think the encryption is only applied the moment a cards details are shared/transmitted via a server as you have stated that the old S D boxes are clearing the channels

Yea we're talking millions,, I'm sure if there was a fix it'd have been rolling out by now,, before everyone jumped over to virmin or iptv,, my guess is there is no fix

I've read a few posts saying that sly Italian was never cracked after an encryption change. And also that when / if vermin and sly have fully blacked out , that all the sly channels on iptv will go as well , cos they're from the same source. If that's the case .why am I receiving sly Italia channels In full hd on iptv ?

Last edited:
Aye but I think in Italy they had hardware pairing as well as they rendered the SD boxes obsolete years ago..

You can send out IPTV from official subs by the way, that's how Italia is still viewable.

Aye but I think in Italy they had hardware pairing as well as they rendered the SD boxes obsolete years ago..

You can send out IPTV from official subs by the way, that's how Italia is still viewable.
So when /if the worst happens on card share I'll still get all channels on iptv ?

Yep, might cost a small fortune though. Saying that, I know of a provider who currently use official subs and they charge (or did when I used it) £17 per month so it's still cheaper than 'proper' TV.

Back