More channels gone.

All Sky have done I recon is changed the encryption slightly on ONE transponder,that is the one that has Box Office on it and of course all the channels that share it like SSN,SS4,SS5 Eurosport etc which is why we have lost those and not others.

They have NOT paired the viewing cards to the boxes.If they did this all the transponders would not clear on C/S.It can be done on the HD boxes if they wish but they have way too many customers on the old SD boxes that would lose all the channels if they did that and they do not want to lose their custom.So they are sending out as many HD boxes for free now to these loyal customers.Then when they have enough oif them on these HD boxes you can bet that will be when they throw the off switch for C/S.But that scenario is not going to happen anytime soon.

They HAD to do something before the fight at the weekend as they stood to lose millions in lost revenue.So changing the encryption on that box office transponder seemed the right thing to do.

I do not know if or when the new encryption will be cracked but remember people channels do change transponders regularly so we may get our daily fix of Natalie Sawyer back on SSN anytime soon (hopefully)

I am going to wait a while before I head down the IPTV route.Sky have changed their encryption a few times and each time it has been cracked so mabye just mabye it will return in the not too distant future.

(Fingers crossed)

All Sky have done I recon is changed the encryption slightly on ONE transponder,that is the one that has Box Office on it and of course all the channels that share it like SSN,SS4,SS5 Eurosport etc which is why we have lost those and not others.

They have NOT paired the viewing cards to the boxes.If they did this all the transponders would not clear on C/S.It can be done on the HD boxes if they wish but they have way too many customers on the old SD boxes that would lose all the channels if they did that and they do not want to lose their custom.So they are sending out as many HD boxes for free now to these loyal customers.Then when they have enough oif them on these HD boxes you can bet that will be when they throw the off switch for C/S.But that scenario is not going to happen anytime soon.

They HAD to do something before the fight at the weekend as they stood to lose millions in lost revenue.So changing the encryption on that box office transponder seemed the right thing to do.

I do not know if or when the new encryption will be cracked but remember people channels do change transponders regularly so we may get our daily fix of Natalie Sawyer back on SSN anytime soon (hopefully)

I am going to wait a while before I head down the IPTV route.Sky have changed their encryption a few times and each time it has been cracked so mabye just mabye it will return in the not too distant future.

(Fingers crossed)
Like the positive outlook mate I really hope you're right makes a change from all the doom and gloom and sounds logical to me

Hi I like the positive outlook too but I would rather look at a back up plan , ( which for me might be buying a new mag box) Once u have that or alternatively getting iptv at a later date but knowing your homework before u start, I just would rather at least buy a mag box ( again unless u got the know how to put it on any box u choose) and the computer knowledge then u know you,ll always be able to sort out something else out, the other problem I find is finding someone who proves to be reliable , for me having the mag box will be easier as I struggle with the computer side of things and I think with a mag box there's no computer stuff involved in setting it all, it just works by u sending them the mag mac address so at least that way (for me anyway) will give me the option to do some iptv trials without having to open my laptop, but like I said if you have the peace of mind knowing that if and when sly dies off completely u can find alternatives which won't prove to be too much of a headache , if I had the knowledge into things abit more i might be prepared to sit and wait for them to take everything but I would at least have sort of back up plan , but I'm just gonna get a mag box ,they are very good apparently and I think an upgrade for us all really

Sent from my SM-T365 using Tapatalk

(Fingers crossed)
Your thinking has a flaw. They blocked more than one transponder. It's going to be drip fed out across all of them just like the hd fix.

Hi guys, Are these IPTV Box's any good?? Every one I know who have them say they are rubbish...Any comments would be useful ...

Hi i think the mags are the best ones right now. I think the boxes are good .but the iptv sub is the most important thing. If u get a good sub .

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hi guys, Are these IPTV Box's any good?? Every one I know who have them say they are rubbish...Any comments would be useful ...
Hi got to agree with the previous comment about getting a quality subscription I've tried quite a few and some are poor but have found one decent one ie no buffering or jumping issues epg not great but it's the channels that matter.
Got a mag 256 and so far couldn't be happier with it

been honest with iptv i would hold on with going that way at the minute.
Loads of iptv servers use sly for there streams so when that goes loads of iptv servers will have problems.
then we should be able to tell the better ones out of them.

Hi anyone . Ok heres the situation. I managed to get iptv on my zgemma h2s but there's nothing epg wise at all . I want an epg to go with it and some picons would be good . Im useless at laptops. If anyone can do this for me via teamviewer debsyrett@gmail.com

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

You do vm going cardless at minute they don't install any boxes that need a card and are swaping out the old 8310 boxes. As for nagra 4 no such thing:grin:

Claro tv Brazil have changed their cards. This has closed off cs in Brazil via cable. Commonly known as nagra 4. I suppose you could say there's been no nagra 2,3 as technically there's just been rom updates

(Fingers crossed)
You are just wishful thinking here . All transponders will go the same way soon as there will be no work around up or down cs is dead and buried next bright thing is iptv.

im sure i read old style sky sd boxes were down to under 200,000 or something wont be that long before they just say nick off to those that wont change even without the new transponders, was fun while lasted but something else will appear

MY LIST OF CHANNELS NO LONGER WORKING.

CHANNELS DOWN UPTO NOW

Sky atlantic
Sky atlantic+1
Sky living
Comedyxtra
Sky2
Tcm
Sspts2
Sspts4
Sspts5
Eurosports1
Eurosports2
Sspts news
sspts box office
Chelsea tv
Disney xd
Disney xd*1
Disney channel
Disney channel+1
Disney junior
Disney junior+1

This is not a complaint or moan, its just a list of non working channels for other people to view so people can compare with their own setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your lucky I'm in roi and all sports are gone all movies all Irish tv don't have much left

Back