Motorised Dish

Aye you can. A lot of them sell loads of packages at once so it's worth your while, looking at it - provided you find one that isn't shit.

on a side note anything above a 1m dish hanging off the side of your house looks fooking massive :grin:

installed a 1.2m round the local for nordic beams on a couple of sats and its massive.

English planning rules state a size of 90cms maximum but face it--we're pirates so who actually takes notice of idiots in suits who are addicted to BBC2 and radio4.
Reaper.

I'm about to order a dish can someone be so kind to link me to the Best Buy and the correct one to purchase please.What to make sure I get the correct one I need

Sorry for yet another question can I just discount my cables from the main dish and connect to the motorised dish and just leave the zgemma box as normal on whooshbuild.Or will I need different software and the zgemma redoing or just add other sats to it.

Or will I be best to use a different box just for motorised sats and keep the zgemma solely for sly

How does it all actually work. Sorry if this is a stupid question. I understand the mitorised dish moves to pick up different satellites. What I'm not sure about is do you have to change the box to select different satellites then look for the channels on that sat or do you have an epg full of all channels from different sats then select a channel and the dish will auto move to suit?

Once set up the dish moves automatically to the chosen satellite, only takes 20 seconds and then the Channels clear.
Setting up is up to you how you do it, I just picked 3 satellites and scanned them in. I struggle with a forest near me so I'm only able to pick up 3 satellites, probably more if I took a match to the trees lol

Once set up the dish moves automatically to the chosen satellite, only takes 20 seconds and then the Channels clear.
Setting up is up to you how you do it, I just picked 3 satellites and scanned them in. I struggle with a forest near me so I'm only able to pick up 3 satellites, probably more if I took a match to the trees lol

Haha, well it's pretty open near me so hopefully I'll be ok. Using a mitorised dish then do you manage to pick up the channels that have dropped off 28.2 and ppv?

I've picked up most of them yes, about 18 Channels on 19.2 in English
Movie channels in HD
Sly Atlantic in HD
RTL HD had the fight on the other weekend, but no English audio. Easy to get round though, just turn the sound down and your radio up ;-)

If you have a southern house, you'll have a good view of the arc so satellite options would be good. My house is facing south east so i'm limited for western but I can get 30w hispasat no problem then I can easily get 39e but anything past this is a little difficult due to houses but still get some channels on other sats past 39e.

Use this site to see what sats are possible - put your postcode in and drag the pointer to the exact spot on your house where your dish is going then use the drop down menu to choose a satellite and there's also an obstacle tool on there which will tell you what your line of site above other buildings and trees etc. needs to be > http://www.dishpointer.com

If you have a look on Lyngsat for channels then see what sat / beam the channel is showing on, you can then check on http://www.satbeams.com/footprints to see if the beam is receivable where you are and tell you what size dish is recommended for that sat / beam.

I originally had my motorised dish plugged into the zgemma but it kept losing power to the motor (they like certain lnb's to work) - I was thinking of changing the lnb on it but when I started playing with the zgemma to add additional bouquets etc. it just looked too busy for every day use so I purchased another receiver for use with the motorised dish... it's only for the football really but serves its purpose. I have found some of the missing channels but the likes of SS4, 5 are only on 28.2 so you can't get them on other sats. S*y 'Sport' News is on 19.2e but I should imagine it will only be in German and probably covers mostly German sport (different program schedule to that of SSN uk).

That forest is your garden numpty lol

If you have a southern house, you'll have a good view of the arc so satellite options would be good. My house is facing south east so i'm limited for western but I can get 30w hispasat no problem then I can easily get 39e but anything past this is a little difficult due to houses but still get some channels on other sats past 39e.

Use this site to see what sats are possible - put your postcode in and drag the pointer to the exact spot on your house where your dish is going then use the drop down menu to choose a satellite and there's also an obstacle tool on there which will tell you what your line of site above other buildings and trees etc. needs to be > http://www.dishpointer.com

If you have a look on Lyngsat for channels then see what sat / beam the channel is showing on, you can then check on http://www.satbeams.com/footprints to see if the beam is receivable where you are and tell you what size dish is recommended for that sat / beam.

I originally had my motorised dish plugged into the zgemma but it kept losing power to the motor (they like certain lnb's to work) - I was thinking of changing the lnb on it but when I started playing with the zgemma to add additional bouquets etc. it just looked too busy for every day use so I purchased another receiver for use with the motorised dish... it's only for the football really but serves its purpose. I have found some of the missing channels but the likes of SS4, 5 are only on 28.2 so you can't get them on other sats. S*y 'Sport' News is on 19.2e but I should imagine it will only be in German and probably covers mostly German sport (different program schedule to that of SSN uk).

Thanks for the reply I'll look into it all a little more I think. I'd rather this way than iptv I think as I keep hearing different thing about it. One saying good one saying bad. I only really want the ppv for boxing and the kids miss there Disney channels already so if more of them go I'll get moaned at even more!
I use a v8s upstairs and a vu duo in the living room, I take it these will be ok to run a motorised dish?

Back