Netflix cheaper using VPN

I made an account last week used surfshark tur, I didnt enter the mobile number I just continued setting up the account, topped up for the yr with gift card with vpn on then no vpn needed to watch
did you make an account from scratch or did you first make the account as if you're in uk and then do the turkey vpn method?

I'm having real trouble today. VPN works as it redirects to Netflix.com/tr and offers the Turkish packages in TL but when I try to pay it says something went wrong. Doesn't matter which payment card I use and I've tried setting up a new account. Last night it was asking for verification by sending a text to a Turkish (90+) number, today its not doing that. Something wrong their end?

I'm having real trouble today. VPN works as it redirects to Netflix.com/tr and offers the Turkish packages in TL but when I try to pay it says something went wrong. Doesn't matter which payment card I use and I've tried setting up a new account. Last night it was asking for verification by sending a text to a Turkish (90+) number, today its not doing that. Something wrong their end?
have you tried paying with a gift card?

No this is standard. You can’t add non-TR cards to an account without them asking for a TR phone number.

Because I was using an existing account that already had my card on file from when I had a UK sub I got around this, but that means this will not work for new accounts.

If you’re setting up a new account the only route that will work is the gift card one.

Last edited:
No this is standard. You can’t add non-TR cards to an account without them asking for a TR phone number.

Because I was using an existing account that already had my card on file from when I had a UK sub I got around this, but that means this will not work for new accounts.

If you’re setting up a new account the only route that will work is the gift card one.
A friend has a Turkish mobile so I can do the SMS verification but its not getting that far. Not asking for phone number, just - "something went wrong" message

Sorry - didn’t read your post properly. I thought you were just getting the sms verification.

I just tried adding a card to my TR account. I didn’t get an error message - went straight to sms verification.

How do the gift cards work then? I clicked the link above and there was a link I think for 75TL and 100TL cards. My sub was 77TL. Do you get to carry over credit or do they make 23TL profit every time you use a gift card?

How do the gift cards work then? I clicked the link above and there was a link I think for 75TL and 100TL cards. My sub was 77TL. Do you get to carry over credit or do they make 23TL profit every time you use a gift card?
yes, if you get a 100tl card, and apply to your account today, Netflix will say something like your account is paid until September 20th, ie more than a month (I guessed that date, don't take that as being actual date)

Are you kidding them, or are they kidding you :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Hi. Just tried a gift card from MTC game and get An error occurred during gift redemption - please try again later.

Dont suppose anybody has tried this outfit??

Turkish SMS
I did not use that one, but did try 6 or 7nothers ~ Netflix seemed to know it was a virtual number, not an actual mobile.
I solved my problem as a mate has a place in Turkey, rang one of his mates and got him to pass the code on to me.
All I was trying to do was update card details after current card had expired.

I did not use that one, but did try 6 or 7nothers ~ Netflix seemed to know it was a virtual number, not an actual mobile.
I solved my problem as a mate has a place in Turkey, rang one of his mates and got him to pass the code on to me.
All I was trying to do was update card details after current card had expired.
Yeah I’m in a similar situation after realising that my card expires next month

Hi. Just tried a gift card from MTC game and get An error occurred during gift redemption - please try again later.
Looks like my problem was the VPN (VPN Unlimited). Just tried the gift card using my mobile and no VPN and the voucher was accepted fine.

FWIW I am getting this now - or not being asked for a TR phone number. I think they basically flag your account if you mess around with it too much. Hoping it’s just for 24h or something like that 🤞🏻

As I say, I got the Gift Card to work so I'm OK until mid-September, then I'll try the Starling card again. My mate will be back from Turkey by then with a Turkish sim card, so should be able to do the verification thing. I suspect its the VPN Unlimited connection that it didn't like as I couldn't get it even to accept the gift card, athough Netflix.com redirected to Netflix.com/TR-en/ (suggesting the VPN was working). With the phone on 4G not WiFi, it worked straight away.

My mate will be back from Turkey by then with a Turkish sim card, so should be able to do the verification thing.

You'll have to get the verification code sent to him while he's in Turkey - the sim card won't work when he's back in the UK.

Back