Netflix cheaper using VPN

is the turkey route still working by setting up a UK account for one month then cancelling and reinstatement using a VPN to turkey?

If so, can you start the UK side with the basic account and then upgrading to the premium one when re-signing at Turkey?

is the turkey route still working by setting up a UK account for one month then cancelling and reinstatement using a VPN to turkey?

If so, can you start the UK side with the basic account and then upgrading to the premium one when re-signing at Turkey?
I think there is more chance now of this not working but you can try it...I would suggest your better bet is to find reasonably priced giftcards and go down that route.

I originally did this, but then my UK credit card expired. So i was going down the giftcard route for a while - then I ran out - and somehow it switched back to my UK credit card. Not exactly sure how that happened, but must have managed to update the credit card on file despite all the error messages 🤷🏼‍♂️

I did this 2 months ago (and it’s still working fine). I originally tried it *without* going down the TR gift card route and it failed.
I then tried again (never give up!), *with* a TR gift card that I bought. Once up and running, I then added a UK card to my profile as a payment option.. and when the TR gift card ran out (after a month or so), it defaulted to my card with no problem.
I think you have to go down the TR gift card route now for it to work (just buy a 1 month card).

I had my UK number setup etc and tried to restart my account today - had Revolut setup also. So I assumed everything was set but still need turkey mob number verification. 🤨

Few tries as in purchasing a couple numbers?
Few tries as in the first number doesn’t always work. They refund you if you don’t get the sms, so doesn’t cost you anything. Just sometimes takes a bit of time.

The annoying thing is that you need to buy $10 worth of credits

Few tries as in the first number doesn’t always work. They refund you if you don’t get the sms, so doesn’t cost you anything. Just sometimes takes a bit of time.

The annoying thing is that you need to buy $10 worth of credits
I been scammed 😂 thanks anyway

I have many accounts via vpn but for the life of me just can't get netflix to work must of spent hour trying but to no avail, suppose it's not ment to be for me. Lol

It appears my account has been deleted. It's promting me to log in and then not recognising my email address. I last added credit with a gift card in January which took me up to April. I don't appear to have had any email saying my account has been closed. Unless some f'ker has got hold of my login details and changed the email address.

I just tried creating a new account with VPN set to turkey and it said there was a problem when I entered my email address, tried new email address and the one previously used. Turned VPN off and went to Netflix and it accepts my email to sign up for new account

OK so it appeaars my account had its email address changed, so obviously hacked. Netflix are sorting for me, just hope they don't change it to uk

Edit: My account is all sorted now, billing still in Turkish but I can't log in while using a VPN.

Last edited:
OK so it appeaars my account had its email address changed, so obviously hacked. Netflix are sorting for me, just hope they don't change it to uk

Edit: My account is all sorted now, billing still in Turkish but I can't log in while using a VPN.
Didn't you get an email to notify you of a change...that's a bit naff from netflix didn't realise someone can just change your email lol...that last bit u mean u can't login without using a vpn now ...Turkish?

Didn't you get an email to notify you of a change...that's a bit naff from netflix didn't realise someone can just change your email lol...that last bit u mean u can't login without using a vpn now ...Turkish?
I don't recall seeing one, but I do get the odd spam claiming to be from Netflix so I may have got the email and treated it as Spam.

It's strange as who ever it was deleted my 2 profiles and created 5 new ones, a,b,c,d & e. But it appeare none of them had watched anything. I have also an extra 200TL credit. I last added a gift card in January that took me until April 10, but I have 200TL credit which will take me to 26 May. I don't know if Netflix has given me the credit due to the onconvenience or if whoever got into my account added it.
I have noticed that with VPN turned on I can't log into my account but if I am already logged in in my browser, I can then turn the VPN on and access my account.

Wierd mate ...usually with new accounts u can only use them with vpn set to Turkey for 30 days after that the restriction lifts and you can go in not needing a VPN

Wierd mate ...usually with new accounts u can only use them with vpn set to Turkey for 30 days after that the restriction lifts and you can go in not needing a VPN
I've had the account for just over a year, I don't use a VPN to watch but normally do on computer when topping it up. It just won't let me now lol

Back