Netflix cheaper using VPN

Oh that is a pain. Do you know how long the verification code is valid for?

Not sure. I was out in Turkey in April, thought I'd buy a sim card for the Netflix verification and then it'd be sorted for good - the damn thing didn't offer up the verification as an option the whole time I was there! As has been said, I think once your account is marked you're up against it. In hindsight I should have opened a new account while I was out there.

... I already tried opening a brand new account - Used Private Browsing, accessed only via VPN and got the same problem both with my Starling and with the Gift Card so that's why I suspect the VPN. Very strange. My mate has In Laws in Turkey and they all have mobiles, so I have that route but their English isn't good....:LOL:

BTW I did get different results depending on the browser I used. The error messages were different Safari vs Chrome.

Last edited:
... I already tried opening a brand new account - Used Private Browsing, accessed only via VPN and got the same problem both with my Starling and with the Gift Card so that's why I suspect the VPN. Very strange. My mate has In Laws in Turkey and they all have mobiles, so I have that route but their English isn't good....:LOL:

BTW I did get different results depending on the browser I used. The error messages were different Safari vs Chrome.

The sim card wasn't cheap either, I think I paid £23 for a one month plan and that was the cheapest they did at Vodafone there

It'll be interesting to see if anyone else chips in with any more info, as with the Turkish Lira so low its a MASSIVE saving on the UK price ..........

I have not used a VPN for years , I have opera browser and I turn on their fee vpn when I need it to access
a torrent site I use.
Opera are now removing the free option and requesting you subscribe to VPN Pro. Looks cheap enough at £1.59pm and up to 6 devices ?
Says android as well , am assuming that means the VPN can be used on an android box without opera browser ?
Opera VPN Pro | Complete VPN Protection | Opera

I never had an issue until my Starling card expired. Still haven't managed to add the new one as payment method so using vouchers atm.

I watch my netflix too without a VPN and not been flagged yet either, what i did was when i signed up i let me old Uk account expire and then signed up with the Turkish account, same thing as my Playstation account. Not been flagged and we watch it everyday!
i use my own bank Santander for the payment and not had no problems
i used receive-smss.com to get the text message

I never had an issue until my Starling card expired. Still haven't managed to add the new one as payment method so using vouchers atm.
Interesting one. Forgot what happens with expired card. No way to add new card 🤔

If I open a new account and let it expire. I assume I won’t be able to switch the region to Turkey and bypass the sms verification?

If I open a new account and let it expire. I assume I won’t be able to switch the region to Turkey and bypass the sms verification?
Should be fine that's what I did. But about a year ago so things may have changed

Go here mate Seed4me VPN free for 6 months sign up with keepsolid vpn

I was replying to Makido at the time, but this is what I done.

I signed up for one month with my own name, bank etc, then cancelled, left it for a month signed back up, with keepsolid vpn

set vpn on to turkey (Bursa)

go to netflix.com it will change to Netflix/tr

sign in with your details you will be asked to pick a sub i picked the top one @ 54.99 TL pm (at the time )

your phone no. is for recovery only click next , pick english language.

Thats it all good to go.

hope this helps anyone

cheers

PS I pay £4.28 pm now

Halifax visa mate, my own account, i set up Netflix originally with all my personal UK details, paid for the basic package for one month then cancelled.

after the month was up, I signed back up using a Turkey Vpn.

Then straight forward with my post above mate.

Hope this helps
@spats Sorry about the 20 questions but did it need to send a text to verify the card or was that just for their records?

@spats Sorry about the 20 questions but did it need to send a text to verify the card or was that just for their records?
The trick here is that the card is added to the account while you have the UK sub. When you then subsequently subscribe to the Turkish sub it is already on file and thus doesn’t need sms verification. That’s how I did a few months back. Unfortunately that card is now expiring and I’m too lazy to switch back to UK for a month - so have gone down the gift card route for now

Last edited:
If anyone is interested in Netflix or other Turkish subs and wants to go down the gift card route:

You can buy Netflix gift cards without any markup from Hepsiburada.com - as well as Apple gift cards, Google Play, Bein Sports TR, etc etc. You will need to do a OTP for the first purchase (I used sms-man.com) but after that you’re set to buy stuff at the face amount and it will be delivered to your email within an hour or so.

Back