New Cable Box

Pencilpot

Hi

Sorry for asking the same question many do. I have read other threads but want to find the best box for me among all the options.

I would like a decent recordable cable box. The option of an additional sat tuner would be great but not a must. As i imagine i wont be missing out on much if i can get hd cable chnnels over sky. I dont mind if the hdd is external if the box is good and highly recommended.

It would be great for it to be easy to maintain and update. Like wooshbuild is epg wise and update wise.

I currently have one cable line in the room so handy if it can record using the one line.. vu+ does this i believe.

Also i have seen people mention 4k on some boxes i dont have a 4k tv as yet are there likely to be 4k channels soonish. Is it worth future proofing myself and lookimg at this?

Thank you in advance for any replies, thoughts and ideas :)

Budget i was thibking about 170 but would go higher if its really worth it for a much better box.

Ease of use and management would be ideal :)

Take a look at the MutantHD51
Twin cable tuner receiver, £189

It's got a 1.7ghz processor, which will out perform most receivers in terms of speed, navigating around epg's etc.

A manual download of a EPG is around 16 seconds.

Last edited:
People may have better recommendations but I can't fault my Gigablue Ultra UE, twin cable tuner so internally split, and has one sat tuner too.

All enigma2 boxes can be set up to update the EPG etc automatically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's nothing really available in 4K at the moment. Even if there was I imagine it'd be encrypted beyond cardsharing capabilities.

I will add my 2 pence for a shout on the Octagon SF4008 box worth a mention. If you really want that wooshbuild style plug and near play then maybe as dangerous mentioned the mutant might be more your route? there's images on this site ready made or I will give a shout for the guy who does a really good job over at http://www.vix4projects.com/forum/

Ok cool thanks for the info.

The MutantHD51 can record up.to 8 channels and one cable feed right? And loop to the 2nd reciever?

Im concerned it may be a little buggy? Is that not the case?

What skin can be used on it?

You won't get 8 channels at once recorded off the mutant?
You would also need to check with the line provider that you can do that anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back