Then signal finder
Select the same transponder and your motor should move
Your green light on the motor should be on
You can now use the manual east west
Buttons on the motor to move or select
Another transponder in manual scan
Then select the same transponder in
Signal finder motor should move

The local Derek trotter says he might be able to get me a good deal on the motor. At the moment I have no idea on price or spec etc.

At the moment I only have a zgemma h9s, no dish or lnb. Can I connect the motor only to the box to see if it works?

So it's a technomate tm-2600 m2, that will be around £45, and it is meant to be brand new (no warranty though).

I've looked around and the cheapest I can see it for is about £60, so it looks a good deal to me.

Is that a motor worth buying?

I noticed WOS is only offering the TM-2300 M3 £44.95 this older version than the TM-2600 M3 that they supplied last year. Just wonder if they are having problems getting stock.

Cheers for that guide mate, I've just sent them over, to see if they can test. Most likely, I'll get it for a day or two to play with, and just return it if doesn't work.

Just looking in the garden where I can mount a dish, 1m may be too big, as I want to do it on the ground floor. I want to mount it on a brick shed, and I don't think I'll be able to get the full movement (window and door comes in the way).

If I settle for an 80cm dish, is there much difference between the round ones or one of those elliptical zone 2 dishes? Other than 19.2e, 13e, etc, the only other one I'm interested in is 42e.

I noticed WOS is only offering the TM-2300 M3 £44.95 this older version than the TM-2600 M3 that they supplied last year. Just wonder if they are having problems getting stock.
I rang up a local supplier a few weeks back, they wouldn't supply to me as it was trade only. He mentioned that he couldn't get any technomate until april.

I rang up a local supplier a few weeks back, they wouldn't supply to me as it was trade only. He mentioned that he couldn't get any technomate until april.
There is plenty of stock on Amazon Uk and if you are Prime, then you get it next day

Is there much difference between the Tm-2600 m2 and m3?

Is there much difference between the Tm-2600 m2 and m3?
I don't know have a search i don't think there would be much difference but Compared to the TM-2200, the TM-2600's main cog is made from metal

Last edited:
I don't know have a search i don't think there would be much difference but Compared to the TM-2200, the TM-2600's main cog is made from metal
I've had a google around, but wasn't able to find anything. Shouldn't be too much diff I reckon.

There is plenty of stock on Amazon Uk and if you are Prime, then you get it next day
I've seen some on there for around 60-70, but they're all from third party sellers. I'm always a bit skeptical about buying from their marketplace.

I've had a google around, but wasn't able to find anything. Shouldn't be too much diff I reckon.

I've seen some on there for around 60-70, but they're all from third party sellers. I'm always a bit skeptical about buying from their marketplace.
I understand the anxiety of buying from Market place.

you should contact WOS and ask them about the TM-2300 M3 at £44.95 find out the difference between TM-2600 M3

you should contact WOS and ask them about the TM-2300 M3 at £44.95 find out the difference between TM-2600 M3
I rang them up, he says M2, M3 etc just represents the year. He doesn’t have any technomate in stock at. He’s got a spider motor for 45 which is from the same factory as a technomate and an Italian for 80 I think. They’re going to update their website soon.

Hi DrBox. You mentioned you have a zone 1 minidish in an earlier post. You could try experimenting with this first. Assuming it's got a universal LNB. Connect the dish to your Zgemma H9 and move the dish onto nearby sats such as 19.2e, 23.5e and 13e do a channel scan and grab yourself a 24h test line. It will give you a good idea of what content is available.

If you find you're satisfied with 19e you can add an additional LNB to your minidish with a multi LNB bracket, such as the Gilbertini, and recieve 19e&28e simultaneously with a DISEqC switch. Or just reposition the dish permanently on 19e. I assume you have a roof aerial as you mentioned not being too bothered about losing 28e? Alternatively, with a bit of SNR compromise, you can pick up 13e&23.5e simultaneously, using $ky LNB'S, or 13e&19.2e, using slimline LNB's - such as the Octagon Optima. I just used trial and error to find the spacing between the sats.

Ultimately, you're best going motorised if you want the most choice. Especially if you're willing to DIY. I've got an 80cm Triax and, whilst I sometimes contemplate going larger, I find it's pretty much all I need. I lose some transponders on 0.8w in heavy rain but I've come to accept that now and it's no biggie.

Try CPC Farnell. You can get an 80cm Triax delivered there for £35. If you end up borrowing the motor off Del Boy. Plug it into your box with a length of cable. Make sure the box is off first. Switch the box on and do a long press on the power button. The LED on the motor should light up. Press the east-west button and if the mount rotates it should be fine. If there's scratches on the mount this is a sign it isn't new.

cheers
Hi DrBox. You mentioned you have a zone 1 minidish in an earlier post. You could try experimenting with this first. Assuming it's got a universal LNB. Connect the dish to your Zgemma H9 and move the dish onto nearby sats such as 19.2e, 23.5e and 13e do a channel scan and grab yourself a 24h test line. It will give you a good idea of what content is available.

If you find you're satisfied with 19e you can add an additional LNB to your minidish with a multi LNB bracket, such as the Gilbertini, and recieve 19e&28e simultaneously with a DISEqC switch. Or just reposition the dish permanently on 19e. I assume you have a roof aerial as you mentioned not being too bothered about losing 28e? Alternatively, with a bit of SNR compromise, you can pick up 13e&23.5e simultaneously, using $ky LNB'S, or 13e&19.2e, using slimline LNB's - such as the Octagon Optima. I just used trial and error to find the spacing between the sats.

Ultimately, you're best going motorised if you want the most choice. Especially if you're willing to DIY. I've got an 80cm Triax and, whilst I sometimes contemplate going larger, I find it's pretty much all I need. I lose some transponders on 0.8w in heavy rain but I've come to accept that now and it's no biggie.

Try CPC Farnell. You can get an 80cm Triax delivered there for £35. If you end up borrowing the motor off Del Boy. Plug it into your box with a length of cable. Make sure the box is off first. Switch the box on and do a long press on the power button. The LED on the motor should light up. Press the east-west button and if the mount rotates it should be fine. If there's scratches on the mount this is a sign it isn't new.

Cheers, yeah I’ve got a zone 1 dish, but that’s connected to 2 other boxes at the moment. It’s quite high up too, so a bit out of reach for me.

I’ve bought a viark, which should come this week, and I’ll use that on 28.2e for the moment. Hopefully I get the motor to check out from Del Boy this week, but I’ll probably hold off until putting the dish up yet. The motor seemed a good deal to me, so I thought I might as well take the punt. Hopefully it works! I had looked at multi lnbs first for quite a while, but I thought with cost of each lnb, I’ll just get the motor.

I think for the dish, I’m going to have to get a mesh one. It does get quite windy around here at times, and we had an aerial fly off the roof a few years back. And, provided 42e keeps continuing to clear, I think 80cm should be enough for me.

cheers

Cheers, yeah I’ve got a zone 1 dish, but that’s connected to 2 other boxes at the moment. It’s quite high up too, so a bit out of reach for me.

I’ve bought a viark, which should come this week, and I’ll use that on 28.2e for the moment. Hopefully I get the motor to check out from Del Boy this week, but I’ll probably hold off until putting the dish up yet. The motor seemed a good deal to me, so I thought I might as well take the punt. Hopefully it works! I had looked at multi lnbs first for quite a while, but I thought with cost of each lnb, I’ll just get the motor.

I think for the dish, I’m going to have to get a mesh one. It does get quite windy around here at times, and we had an aerial fly off the roof a few years back. And, provided 42e keeps continuing to clear, I think 80cm should be enough for me.
OK. I shall look forward to hearing about it.

Going motorised with an 80cm is a good decision. I think if you went multi LNB you'd probably have more desire to upgrade to a motorised system in the future and 80cm should get you pretty much everything you need anyway.

I went multi LNB initially and found myself forever steering my dish by hand checking out other satellites, so thought I might as well bite the bullet.

I wouldn't be too put off by solid dishes. If it's bolted together tightly then you should be OK. But, mesh or solid it's all good.

Remember if you are using USAL
The settings with in the reciever
I would fit T.K brackets Its easier to
Have the pole at 90°.To track the ark
Correctly

Sorry to jump in on this, I lost sat signal a few days ago, so got ladders out and had a look, turns out the LNB arm connecting LNB to the dish has rotted away, it was hanging on by a thread, ended up snapping off when I tried to take it off, does anyone know if its possible to buy a replacement arm anywhere, or would it be better to buy a new dish and LNB, maybe a galvanised one to protect from the elements.

Back