New dish setup

Sorry to jump in on this, I lost sat signal a few days ago, so got ladders out and had a look, turns out the LNB arm connecting LNB to the dish has rotted away, it was hanging on by a thread, ended up snapping off when I tried to take it off, does anyone know if its possible to buy a replacement arm anywhere, or would it be better to buy a new dish and LNB, maybe a galvanised one to protect from the elements.
What type of satellite dish and size

pretty sure it is a xenec, the name has gone from it, gonna replace dish, although it is still working, motor seems rust free, but they have been up ten years in this house and 3 years in out last home before that.

Sorry to jump in on this, I lost sat signal a few days ago, so got ladders out and had a look, turns out the LNB arm connecting LNB to the dish has rotted away, it was hanging on by a thread, ended up snapping off when I tried to take it off, does anyone know if its possible to buy a replacement arm anywhere, or would it be better to buy a new dish and LNB, maybe a galvanised one to protect from the elements.
It might be hard to buy Arm
pretty sure it is a xenec, the name has gone from it, gonna replace dish, although it is still working, motor seems rust free, but they have been up ten years in this house and 3 years in out last home before that.
Is that 100cm satellite dish

It might be hard to buy Arm

Is that 100cm satellite dish
Had a look around the net , but no luck, so maybe go with a new dish, I seen a 90cm and LNB for sale 10 miles from me on Gumtree, so maybe go for that, you dont realise how much you use it until you cant anymore, got an ordinary sky dish connected to the box too for freesat, but its been my iptv for the last few days for the football, even though its good, its not the same.

I have account with vanjak rigging supplies
Had a look They have fiberglass 90 cm satellite dish They dont have the 1.1 traix in stock If you need anything let me know

I've had a look at the wall I have in mind. It faces 30w. So if I wanted to get up to 45e, I guess I would need a bracket of 40cm?

That's for an 80cm dish.

12inch is perfect if you don't need to claer the sofet and guttering to extend above the roof
@linesman66 can you advise what size tk brackets for 97cm dish on south facing wall ? , WOS supplied me with 18" L bracket not sure whether to just buy tk ones.
Does the dish fully go right round to 90' either left or right could i get away with shorter tk brackets.

You might need the 18 inch
When the motor moves with the satellite dish it is able to track the ark from 30 west
To 45 east with out hitting the wall
You can set the satellite dish motor above
The brackets or in the middle

Attachments

• Tand K brackets.jpg
    Tand K brackets.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 13
As long as both receivers are not in use at the same time, you can use a priorty switch, i've used this on a motorized dish for years.
Are these priority switches different to normal switches? Ideally I'd set it up in three rooms, but haven't been able to find a 3/4 way switch. So wondering if I could get away with using a normal Disecq switch or if possible, can I use 2 priority switches in tandem?

If it's to control the dish with each receiver then a Diseqc switch probably wouldn't work, 2 priority switches might work, I don't know.
If you have a loop through on one of the receivers then you could try using that, (the loop through receiver needs to be left on standby), if the output signal is good enough then you should have control of the dish. I see that none of the Viark 4K boxes have loop throughs.

When the motor moves with the satellite dish it is able to track the ark from 30 west

To get these TK brackets at exactly 90, is that quite tough (for a first time)?

I have a good set of power tools at home. But I only have a Rolson £10 spirit level, and I tend to use that along with my phone - I guess I would probably have to invest in a better one of those?

If I put this dish in the middle like this pic, would I need to space the brackets at least 80 cm apart?
I'm wondering whether the dish would hit into the bracket if I only did them like say 40cm apart.

Your best to space the brackets out
1meter + for more stability K bracket to the top T bracket to the bottom

Back