Techkings

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

one Openbox v8s scrambled the other one works ok on the same line.

twinx05

Registered
Hi,

I have two Openbox v8s and one is connected straight to the router downstairs by Ethernet cable , the other one is upstairs and is connected by ethernet and runs through Tp-Link plug.

They both run on the same code/line that i bought from a multi-room supplier, which i have been in touch with and there's no problem.

The one downstairs is working fine , it only scrambles every so often, the one upstairs works for around 20mins then Scrambled comes up , i then unplug the tp-link, ethernet cable etc and start again.... another 20mins viewing ( at the most) and the same problem happens.

Has anyone any ideas on how to sort the problem out ?

Thanks in advance.

bees

VIP Member
Swap the box up stairs with the box down stairs to check it's not a fault on the box.

Then try a different test line in the box up stairs.

If the up stairs box keeps doing the same thing with a different line in then it's got to be down to your internet connection.

I wouldn't rule out your line at this stage though so do the checks first.

bash124

Registered
Hi it could be a problem with the line is it a C-line or a N-line i found the V8s have problem with N-line so try using it as C-line