Opinion needed

Halopenos

Hi guys, I’m in Ireland and am setting up my dish to point at ASTRA for English FTA channels and also looking to get a Euro line for European channels and was wondering which second satellite should I set up along with Astra that is good for football and also some entertainment/movies? Considering virgin media / English paid channels are gone

Opinions very welcome please!

Hi guys, I’m in Ireland and am setting up my dish to point at ASTRA for English FTA channels and also looking to get a Euro line for European channels and was wondering which second satellite should I set up along with Astra that is good for football and also some entertainment/movies? Considering virgin media / English paid channels are gone

Opinions very welcome please!

I’d go motorised if you can. It’ll open up a whole host of satellites and packages with a euro line.

19.2e
13e
Thor 1west

Are popular sats. There’s very little on sat across Europe for live 3pm games.

3pm games were always on somewhere on sat last season, either 1w, 13, 16 0r 19e had something on saturdays, 1w and 19e pretty good for movies and series too and in english audio, unfortunatley the football wont have english, except for some spl games on the c-more sports channels on 1w usually have the same feed from sky or bt sports if they are also showing that particular game.

If you are going motorised bigger the dish the better can pull in more sats.
I used to have a 1.5m Reference dish.
Then a channel master 1.2m.
If you want football 3pm kick offs on satellite need at least a 1.8m dish depending where you are in uk to get nilesat 7west and subscribe to Bein Sports need a dedicated bein sports satellite box also.
But you are better to go IPTV has lamblamb suggested.

it's all very dependent on what you want to watch.

i rarely watch tv,

the only thing i watch is footy and some vod, other than that very little.

3pms as said are few and far between on european sats now, far easier just to watch on iptv on lesports and nbc in english and near hd.

one other consideration is cost. my motor cost me around £300 supplied and fitted a few years ago,

even if you decide to fit yourself, factor in your own time compared to plugging in an android box, theres a lot of difference.

i still like a flick round the sats occasionally but its more a curoisity thing as to whats still or newly clearing :)

You reckon I’m best off getting a 110cm dish motorised?

It all depends on what you want to pull in and how you can mount it. My dish is mounted discretely on a concrete re- enforced scaffold pole about 5 ft off the ground but isn’t particularly heavy, it’s a 1M Orbital which is quite light.

I went motorised as it is far far easier to find sats and as the dish is light the motor gets it round in no time. For feeds it performs well. I do get a good view of the arc though. You need to work out what a dish will pull in where you’re going to mount it. Most motorised systems will be aligned to 1west as the home / reference point. Pretty much due south.

I started off with an 80cm but it struggled in bad weather on Thor which I used for the prem on 1West.

If you only want 13,19 and 28e then you don’t need a big dish at all. An 80 will do just fine.

If you want to pull in the fringe sats to the West then a Triax 1.1M is a good place to start or if you can, a 1.2M Channel Master but remember, these dishes need mounting correctly. Their wind load is significantly higher than your average Minidish.

Nilesat, IPTV is your only option really. Even if you did buy a 2.4M dish, you’d struggle to get a paired box and card over here.

Over 25 years I had my dishes took them down last year but still have my triax 1m dish on side of house but just use it fixed at 28.2 now don't bother setting it up for usals. Is there anything left anymore worth watching?
1 west had a good choice of English films etc from the old tv1000 and filmnet that now are canal + and viasat.

Lads i watched 3pm games most of last season on euro sats, there was always a few games to choose from, 6 eren on 1w usually had a game every saturday.

Also if you did go for a dish like the channel master 1.2 now Raven you would need a h to h mount and a vbox to drive mount has these dishes are to heavy to be driven by a diseqc motor.

Lads i watched 3pm games most of last season on euro sats, there was always a few games to choose from, 6 eren on 1w usually had a game every saturday.

A 3pm a week is completely different to how the European sat game used to be and how IPTV is now.

You can get the lot on IPTV for a very little outlay.

I honestly don’t think I’d bother shelling out for a big motorised system now for Prem stuff.

Yes grahammer 67 you are correct you will still find 1 or 2 sometimes 3 different 3pm games with a motorised dish and euro line sub.

Also if you did go for a dish like the channel master 1.2 now Raven you would need a h to h mount and a vbox to drive mount has these dishes are to heavy to be driven by a diseqc motor.

A triax 1.1 would probably be the limit on a diseqc which correctly aligned would perform quite well for EU sats.

Yes mate I have a triax 1.1 which isn't to heavy but any bigger especially the 1.2m raven you need not only a h 2 h mount but a separate v box to move dish.

Yes mate I have a triax 1.1 which isn't to heavy but any bigger especially the 1.2m raven you need not only a h 2 h mount but a separate v box to move dish.

Definitely agree but unless you’re going for weak feeds a Channel Master 1.2 is a bit overkill for Europe.

Definitely agree but unless you’re going for weak feeds a Channel Master 1.2 is a bit overkill for Europe.

Yes mate it is now has the satellites now have stronger beams than in the old days. Is 30 west still available with meo and canal + spain.

A 3pm a week is completely different to how the European sat game used to be and how IPTV is now.

I honestly don’t think I’d bother shelling out for a big motorised system now for Prem stuff.

theres always been a few to choose from, thats all i am saying, at least 3, i know a good iptv service would get you a choice of all the 3pms epl but anytime i tried watching any of them something always happened, like the stream playing on a loop or just plain buffering, something i didnt have to worry about while watching on sat.

Back