Post-traumatic stress disorder

I'd love to know your thoughts on the NHS Mental Health Service in this country? I have heard some horror stories about this service failing people. Hopefully this Government will carry out their promise of improving the service and spend the extra money wisely. Its obvious we don't have enough mental health expert staff to cope along with the woefully shortage of infrastructure.

And thanks to everyone for your kind words.

I'd love to know your thoughts on the NHS Mental Health Service in this country? I have heard some horror stories about this service failing people. Hopefully this Government will carry out their promise of improving the service and spend the extra money wisely. Its obvious we don't have enough mental health expert staff to cope along with the woefully shortage of infrastructure.

I am not going to put the blame on the NHS due to this sheer failure of Mental Health problems in this country.

NHS is there to provide best service they can possibly can but they are failing due to the sheer incompetency of the government.

Dont think one bit the current government will make any meaningful changes to the NHS and especially for the Mental Health Service as still major stigma out there.

To me it's been great.

Without them I'd have not been here. And Kind of coming up to 10 years I was starting to sway towards them thoughts once in a blue moon and decided to post here and then that would urge me to get some help.

I honestly can't knock them so far.

what does make me mad is people that are proper tramps, the..... please! oh I have mental health! (they wouldn't know it if it hit them in the face!) just to try and get 6 more month out the dole. maybe it's them that are also exhausting the system!

To me it's been great.

Without them I'd have not been here. And Kind of coming up to 10 years I was starting to sway towards them thoughts once in a blue moon and decided to post here and then that would urge me to get some help.

what does make me mad is people that are proper tramps, the..... please! oh I have mental health! (they wouldn't know it if it hit them in the face!) just to try and get 6 more month out the dole. maybe it's them that are also exhausting the system!

Unfortunately there are some who misuse the system to get free money in form of benefits while those who desperately need the help get screwed over.

That really peeves me the hell off and makes me damn angry.

To me it's been great.

Without them I'd have not been there. And Kind of coming up to 10 years I was starting to sway towards them thoughts once in a blue moon and decided to post here and then that would urge me to get some help.

what does make me mad is people that are proper tramps, the..... please! oh I have mental health! just to try and get 6 more month out the dole. maybe it's them that are also exhausting the system!

I agree they carry out fantastic work for lots of people. The problem is the genuine ones who have slipped through the net due to lack of resources and like you said the "proper tramps" who block the system up.

I suppose we all have a form of mental health, it's the one's claiming all the benefits and then playing on the "yeah I can't work I've got mental health" I ******* question them me, (I work unfortunately with the public)

I say, oh you got mental health have you?
yeah....
oh, what's wrong.....
well, nothing really but if you say that too the dole you'll have tests and that
so you haven't got mental health?
no, well not really.

do you know what ptsd is mate?
no..oh yeah, was you in Iraq?
no.
oh...I thought you had to be in a war to have PTSD....

*SIGH*

...let me tell you something......

(boy are they glad to get away from me) ......LOLOLOL

don't claim mental health issues and talk to me about "pretending to have mental health so you can bleed the state of money (my) tax/payers money".....just to feed your crack addiction....

Last edited:
well weird you posted about some weight being lifted, for once i seemed to be sitting with my shoulders perched a little higher than normal, meaning yeah, I do feel better, feel a little weight lifted after posting..

Keep talking and keep them shoulders high StrawDog. Whenever you feel the need just post in this tread. I’m sure I and some fellow members will try and keep your spirits up.( and I don’t mean alcohol :ROFLMAO:)
I for one have been uplifted with this thread, although my thoughts are a bit different from yours. But in the end its all about our minds and how we deal with the thoughts.

I needed to as the old "red mist in anger towards my self looking at a knife on the bench and nearly, just nearly got the better of me" I thought ok, that wasn't the best of thoughts, lets not drop down that rabbit hole again.....instead....lets kick our shoes off, put some PMD on, make a bombay bad boy, and just relax.....been a hard day.....

(there seem to be posts missing above?!?!)

Keep talking and keep them shoulders high StrawDog. Whenever you feel the need just post in this tread. I’m sure I and some fellow members will try and keep your spirits up.( and I don’t mean alcohol :ROFLMAO:)
I for one have been uplifted with this thread, although my thoughts are a bit different from yours. But in the end its all about our minds and how we deal with the thoughts.

I know...thank you....

ha...well **** it.....here's what happened in a nut shell.....

I lost 5 members of my family in such a tragic car accident it was literally fucked up...I'd been working or we would have been in 2 separate cars, I really should have been the one driving.....

Just to add icing to the cake, some group of bitch adolescent fucks tried to murder me in a totally un-related incident a few years later.

walking home...turned a corner....oh...some charvers!

....In the wrong place at the wrong time they say.....the therapist says any way....yeah, just a fuc+ing statistic, if it hadn't of been me, would have been the next guy...

i'm here though.......ask me a mental health Q :)

Last edited:
I needed to as the old "red mist in anger towards my self looking at a knife on the bench and nearly, just nearly got the better of me" I thought ok, that wasn't the best of thoughts, lets not drop down that rabbit hole again.....instead....lets kick our shoes off, put some PMD on, make a bombay bad boy, and just relax.....been a hard day.....

(there seem to be posts missing above?!?!)
I had a massive blow out over the weekend mate and some how managed to get myself into work today and what a hard hard shift bloody (DRINK) self inflicted i know,Suffer big time with back trouble and being a carpenter/builder not ideal,Anyway managed to get to see my physio to fix me again for another week,Tim my physio is a paramedic and i did mention about this thread and some of the great postings on here about how many of us suffer with mental heath issues,he mentioned the amount of people who take their own life (God bless) He attends and sees it day in day out and i was so shocked how common it happens,Just like to say i am so glad to created this thread and really do like reading up on peoples nice comments (y) Thanks moshi

and @moshibeth thank you too my friend.....

you got to have a blow out now and then man...like why not!

Tim my physio is a paramedic and did mention about this thread

Who's that then? lol

I’m lost for words SrawDog. So sorry. But don’t give up. Let’s keep the conversation going.

Last edited:
I really feel for you mate I have had some bad luck in my life but nothing that compares to your loss :cry::cry::cry:

Keep strong mate you must be a real fighter to be here today and you’re an inspiration to others with problems (y)(y)(y)

Talking about problems is not very easy to do but by doing that you have really made people much stronger (y):love:(y)

Thanks For A Great Thread Mate (y)(y)(y)

You Take Care Mate (y):love:(y)

was me that invited the family out....that's what hurts.....just trying to stay alive.......and then them fuk nuts, how brave!

Attack a guy alone walking home alone ..... I was quite good at kick boxing at school, but 5 bitches really....

think I made it to orange......orange was hard! :emoji_muscle:......or was that purple....lol

I’m lost for words SrawDog. So sorry. But don’t give up. Let’s keep the conversation going.

I must have been a right bitch in my former life....

Last edited:

And thanks to everyone for your kind words.

I'll tell you what you do have in your NATIONAL Health Service - A great big North/South divide!!
The further you get from London you go, the less services you have available to you (or greater waiting lists, if they are available)
It is an absolute sin to separate people, not because of need, but because of postcode.

Back