Recording IPTV using E2

scoob197

TK Veteran
I have IPTV in a bouquet on my E2 box and all UK channels have EPG which I am happy with, but recording is currently an issue.

If I try and record using a timer my box crashes and resets (with log)
If I try and record something I am currently watching it records approx. 2 min's worth then freezes up.

Does anyone have any ideas how to solve this please?

No hair left now but I have it working

Cant record and watch another stream (unless you have purchased a second stream from your supplier), that's why the recording was stopping after about 2 min. The following instructions will allow you to set timers on iptv channels:

Convert to bouquets as 'multicast) rather than 'gstreamer' so the beginning of the stream reference starts with a 1 rather than 4097 (like the stream reference below), it just saves you editing the beginning of every stream

Once iptv streams are converted to bouquets and EPG added via Echannelizer:

edit - your bouquet file in /etc/enigma2/
change:
4097:0:1:2071:7FA:2:11A0000:0:0:0:http%3a//mystreamurl.ts:E4 HD
#DESCRIPTION E4 HD
#SERVICE

to:
1:0:1:2071:7FA:2:11A0000:0:0:0:http%3a//mystreamurl.ts/:E4 HD
#DESCRIPTION E4 HD
#SERVICE

the 4097 at the beginning is changed to a 1
also added a / to the end of the stream url

you will have to do this for every stream

**(MUCH easier to make sure you convert as mulicast!)

this will keep epg and enable you to set a recording timer via bouquets
if you set something and want to watch it too, go to pvr/list and watch your recording (as its recording) or if poss pay your iptv supplier for another stream

Last edited:
Bought a second stream from my iptv supplier for £20 and am now able to watch another stream whilst recording one.

All working perfectly

Last edited:
Yeh thats the reason ive put extra effort into getting this to work
Can replicate the recording of DVB but with IPTV, so anything you can do now you should be able to do with IPTV bouquets
Only major difference is that in order to record and watch IPTV (even watching the same channel) whilst recording will require a second stream, not all IPTV providers will give this option. My IPTV provider charges an extra 20 quid to run 2 streams at the same time,

Last edited:
Unfortunately my provider doesn't offer the package I have any more sorry

Last edited:
Hi Scoob,

Are you able to assist me in detail as I'm not sure where to start.

Thanks

No hair left now but I have it working

Cant record and watch another stream (unless you have purchased a second stream from your supplier), that's why the recording was stopping after about 2 min. The following instructions will allow you to set timers on iptv channels:

Convert to bouquets as 'multistream' rather than 'gstreamer' so the beginning of the stream reference starts with a 1 rather than 4097 (like the stream reference below), it just saves you editing the beginning of every stream

Once iptv streams are converted to bouquets and EPG added via Echannelizer:

edit - your bouquet file in /etc/enigma2/
change:
4097:0:1:2071:7FA:2:11A0000:0:0:0:http%3a//mystreamurl.ts:E4 HD
#DESCRIPTION E4 HD
#SERVICE

to:
1:0:1:2071:7FA:2:11A0000:0:0:0:http%3a//mystreamurl.ts/:E4 HD
#DESCRIPTION E4 HD
#SERVICE

the 4097 at the beginning is changed to a 1
also added a / to the end of the stream url

you will have to do this for every stream

this will keep epg and enable you to set a recording timer via bouquets
if you set something and want to watch it too, go to pvr/list and watch your recording (as its recording) or if poss pay your iptv supplier for another stream like I have

The result means that if you have a twin sat like me you can record 3 channels and watch another as I now have 4 feeds (2 x sat + 2 x IPTV)

Hi im have trouble reading stb i get a windows error and shuts down e-channelizer

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

63cbf2fdd4747756f9e6abf908b31a39.jpg
b103e59d41ddc4c489749acb712851ca.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

obviously using the correct details then
seems odd but I've not tried connecting to openatv yet only openvix although i cant imagine that's the issue here..

Last edited:
All my channels are in a single bouquet and are populated by a IPTV.sh script provided to me. I populate EPG via EPG importer. When i record, the picture just breaks up, even if i put the box straight into standby. I'm not sure if this is an issue with my setup. I have an Et-8500. Has 2 cable tuners in it, but currently only using for iptv...

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

All my channels are in a single bouquet and are populated by a IPTV.sh script provided to me. I populate EPG via EPG importer. When i record, the picture just breaks up, even if i put the box straight into standby. I'm not sure if this is an issue with my setup. I have an Et-8500. Has 2 cable tuners in it, but currently only using for iptv...

Do you mean the recording breaks up? sounds odd, you can only use 1 steam at a time as standard with iptv so recording and watching another stream at the same time is a no go, even if its the channel you are recording,

Try set a recording timer on iptv and make sure you are watching a cable channel whilst it records and see how you get on

Still got issues. The channel becomes unwatchable within seconds. When timer recording, the resultant file.is unwatachable. However, I can record VOD content without issue.

Are you able to check the stream reference and make sure it starts with a 1?
Look back to my second post for guide

Mmm. Looks like the ones prefixed with 1 give me an issue and the VOD has 4097. I have noticed that they don't have the trailing /

Back