Recording IPTV using E2

i can record iptv on xtrend et10000 latest vix, as long as you set it to record with timer via epg it records perfectly doesnt work pressing record button only via epg timer and as long as you switch back to a freesat channel or switch off , will also record iptv and freesat at same time

A little update.....to enable live pause on iptv channels, it seems you have to copy them over to your 28.2 sat bouquets AND add the sat stream reference to the iptv channel (using e-channelizer). Just adding the sat stream ref alone doesn't appear to work (wooshbuild 7).

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

A little update.....to enable live pause on iptv channels, it seems you have to copy them over to your 28.2 sat bouquets AND add the sat stream reference to the iptv channel (using e-channelizer). Just adding the sat stream ref alone doesn't appear to work (wooshbuild 7).

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Hi bannosantoro,
Can you help me?
I have Zgemma h2s using openatv, and would like to record iptv channels, i have multi room but my provider doesnt give guidance on how to record iptv channels. I see you recommend moving iptv channels to 28.2 sat bouquets and add sat stream reference. I am willing to try this but as im not technical is there a simple guide on how to do this?
Thanks

No hair left now but I have it working

Cant record and watch another stream (unless you have purchased a second stream from your supplier), that's why the recording was stopping after about 2 min. The following instructions will allow you to set timers on iptv channels:

Convert to bouquets as 'multicast) rather than 'gstreamer' so the beginning of the stream reference starts with a 1 rather than 4097 (like the stream reference below), it just saves you editing the beginning of every stream

Once iptv streams are converted to bouquets and EPG added via Echannelizer:

edit - your bouquet file in /etc/enigma2/
change:
4097:0:1:2071:7FA:2:11A0000:0:0:0:http%3a//mystreamurl.ts:E4 HD
#DESCRIPTION E4 HD
#SERVICE

to:
1:0:1:2071:7FA:2:11A0000:0:0:0:http%3a//mystreamurl.ts/:E4 HD
#DESCRIPTION E4 HD
#SERVICE

the 4097 at the beginning is changed to a 1
also added a / to the end of the stream url

you will have to do this for every stream

**(MUCH easier to make sure you convert as mulicast!)

this will keep epg and enable you to set a recording timer via bouquets
if you set something and want to watch it too, go to pvr/list and watch your recording (as its recording) or if poss pay your iptv supplier for another stream

Trying to setup similar but just a little confused, I have two streams from my IPTV Supplier with different username&password would adding both give me duplicate channels as each stream url is different? How could duplicates be avoided in bouquet?

Trying to setup similar but just a little confused, I have two streams from my IPTV Supplier with different username&password would adding both give me duplicate channels as each stream url is different? How could duplicates be avoided in bouquet?
For recording its better to have a multiroom sub with 1 username and password which enables recording and for you to watch 1 channel whilst another is recording with you having 2 separate subs you would just duplicate all the channels

For recording its better to have a multiroom sub with 1 username and password which enables recording and for you to watch 1 channel whilst another is recording with you having 2 separate subs you would just duplicate all the channels
Any recommendation on IPTV services that offer multiroom that works?

Ok. Using Wooshbuild 7 and a sub from my provider with additional connection I can confirm that you can watch and record at the same time. The sub provides simple scripts and ipk to have a perfect bouquet setup like sly. It works on all device's etc.
I'd be interested in details of your sub if you are still around

I think people need to think differently about iptv. My provider has catch up so effectively everything on vast majority of channels is automatically recorded so why pay extra for recording myself. My supplier also has massive "Tv series" section, every conceivable box set and tv show in there. So buying enigma boxes (which are satellite boxes first and foremost) makes no sense to me and neither does paying for dual subs to record. Get a proper provider instead.

I think people need to think differently about iptv. My provider has catch up so effectively everything on vast majority of channels is automatically recorded so why pay extra for recording myself. My supplier also has massive "Tv series" section, every conceivable box set and tv show in there. So buying enigma boxes (which are satellite boxes first and foremost) makes no sense to me and neither does paying for dual subs to record. Get a proper provider instead.
I agree slightly but not every enigma boxes are sattalite boxes and not everyone buys them not every provider does catchup tv yeah you get tv shows vod ect I understand why people pay for multi subs I've got multi sub dosnt mean it gets used for recordings it can be used for a device in a different room aswell not everyone buys multi subs just for recording even tho most people may benifit from it

Back