Remote VPN Control Device, Router ?? app enabIed. Is there anything.

j3lna

Hi all,

was hoping if any of you could help me. My father currently uses IPTV to view his channels, though, being from the UK there is 3 pm isp weekend block on his subscription. Of course, the only way to bypass this is to use a VPN service. though, because my father is not tech savvy and does not know how to activate the VPN via the app on his firestick, he's easily forgetful when it comes to those things. He knows how to access the IPTV app and view his channels etc... though, when it comes to adapting through such devices he finds it a little difficult. I wanted to make it easy for my father.

So I wanted to know if there is any possibility that the VPN may be activated remotely if this was possible? either by using a router with (VPN feature) which has remote app control in order so for me to activate the VPN via my phone or laptop etc... this is because I do not live with my father or a maybe a router that has a VPN button so all my father would have to do is push the button once to turn on and turn off the VPN.

Is this a possibility. If not, then any recommendations or opinions would be grateful.

Thank you to all for the answers in advance.

Hi all,

was hoping if any of you could help me. My father currently uses IPTV to view his channels, though, being from the UK there is 3 pm isp weekend block on his subscription. Of course, the only way to bypass this is to use a VPN service. though, because my father is not tech savvy and does not know how to activate the VPN via the app on his firestick, he's easily forgetful when it comes to those things. He knows how to access the IPTV app and view his channels etc... though, when it comes to adapting through such devices he finds it a little difficult. I wanted to make it easy for my father.

So I wanted to know if there is any possibility that the VPN may be activated remotely if this was possible? either by using a router with (VPN feature) which has remote app control in order so for me to activate the VPN via my phone or laptop etc... this is because I do not live with my father or a maybe a router that has a VPN button so all my father would have to do is push the button once to turn on and turn off the VPN.

Is this a possibility. If not, then any recommendations or opinions would be grateful.

Thank you to all for the answers in advance.
why not look for a supplier that requires no vpn

why not look for a supplier that requires no vpn
I have mate, quite a few but 9/10 times the UK isp intenet in the UK block these providers and the big providers too. VPN is needed. Just want to know if theres any remote way to activate VPN. Thanks mate.

I have mate, quite a few but 9/10 times the UK isp intenet in the UK block these providers and the big providers too. VPN is needed. Just want to know if theres any remote way to activate VPN. Thanks mate.
wrong supplier there champ

Just leave the VPN on permanently that's all I do!

Thanks mate, for your reponse, unfortnatly i would leave it on usually, though, my father loves netflix and that recognises the VPN proxy for my vpn (expressvpn) hes not tech savvy enough to activate and deactivate vpn through apps etc... hence why i needed to do this method.

Happy days though, as i have found and tested a method which works well, though, i have come across another hiccup within this method which i have posted on another thread. Would be entirely, greatful if you could check the thread out below and give your thoughts or any advice if you have. Many thanks again. link is below. Thank you so much again

2 routers: ISP router / VPN router. IPTV connection problem when switching routers.

there is a small router you can buy , you install a vpn and can switch to vpn with a small switch on the side. of course this would mean a vpn sub . i find that vpns a bit hit and miss. anyway wirless or wired heres the one that i have GL.iNet GL-MT300N-V2 Mini Travel Router, WiFi Converter, OpenWrt Pre-installed, Repeater Bridge, 300Mbps High Performance, OpenVPN Client: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories scripts can be installed from the web site of the vpn or setup manually.

Hi mate, did exactly what you suggested tonight, though, with another VPN enabled router Asus. My method and things worked and tested well, though, i have come across another hiccup which i have posted in another thread. I have linked this below. Would be entirely greatful, if you could view and give me your opinions and suggestions on it.

link is below and thank you so much again for your help.

2 routers: ISP router / VPN router. IPTV connection problem when switching routers.

The thing is i have found some suppliers who do work, though, some dont have the channels my dad wants in terms of arabic channels. So do you know of any way to remotely control VPN ?
Routers that can have dd-wrt firmware installed. Can be remotely accessed to the routers gui

Back