Scripts and Guide for setting up OpenVPN with Most VPN,s on Enigma2

@dsayers2014 , @Jonpickles70 , just installed latest Vix version and ipvanish is working with unmodified config files.

Config file with certificate added did not work, but was worth a try as we were at a loss so it is openatv 7.3 problem.

@dsayers2014 , @Jonpickles70 , just installed latest Vix version and ipvanish is working with unmodified config files.

Config file with certificate added did not work, but was worth a try as we were at a loss so it is openatv 7.3 problem.
I think next vix release 6.4 will use oe alience 5.3 same as OpenATV 7.3 that might have the same issue

I think current release vix 6.3 is still using oe alience 5.2 but I could be wrong 🤣

I think next vix release 6.4 will use oe alience 5.3 same as OpenATV 7.3 that might have the same issue

I think current release vix 6.3 is still using oe alience 5.2 but I could be wrong 🤣
ok got it working on openatv7.3 :smiley: remove keysize 256 entry from config file
and I also added
auth-nocache
due to warning in log

still got a few warnings but it is working

2023-06-11 11:30:31 WARNING: Compression for receiving enabled. Compression has been used in the past to break encryption. Sent packets are not compressed unless "allow-compression yes" is also set.
2023-06-11 11:30:31 DEPRECATED OPTION: --cipher set to 'AES-256-CBC' but missing in --data-ciphers (AES-256-GCM:AES-128-GCM:CHACHA20-POLY1305). OpenVPN ignores --cipher for cipher negotiations.

Last edited:
Something like this to remove it in all files

Code:
find /hdd/IP_Vanish2 -name "*.ovpn" -type f | xargs sed -i -e '/keysize 256/d'

Last edited:
I didn't see your edited post either lol

This should change comp-lzo to auth-nocache

cd /hdd/IP_Vanish2
sed -i 's/comp-lzo/auth-nocache/g' *
just tried first script you posted

Code:
$ find /hdd/IP_Vanish2 -name "*.ovpn" -type f | xargs sed -i -e '/keysize 256/d'
-bash: $: command not found
sed: -i requires an argument

Edit:

Code:
cd /hdd/IP_Vanish2
sed -i 's/comp-lzo/auth-nocache/g' *

this worked for rename :smiley:

Hi @dsayers2014
Do you know of any issues with this script and Digibit ?
i have just ran it on the latest Openvix and my digibit details using the password i have for the service not the login password and it seems to work and when i open VPN manager all the locations show correctly but I'm getting a login error when trying to connect.
Thanks

Back