Add vpn easily
As long as you have a vpn account
Input your vpn provider
Your username and password
And your good to go
All this is on whooshbuild 7
And takes 10 mins
And works together with open vpn
Wooshbuild isn't available for all boxes plus it maybe easier to run a 2 minute script rather than reflashing just to install vpn

Totally agree with you mate but for those who aren’t that comfortable with scripts and already have whooshbuild installed it’s an easy option that’s all I’m saying

Hi can anybody help me out I want to install a VPN in my zgemma h2s I am running I pab latest version, I have a sub with express vpn could someone guide me in the right direction to installing this thanks.

New beta OpenVPN script generator

If using a Mac there are instructions at the end of the document for an alternative to Putty

First open Putty, and in the HostName (or IP address) box enter the enigma2 boxes IP address, and then click the Telnet radio button and click open
screenshot-132-png.28837

And then log in using the word, root

screenshot-133-png.28838

Users can now visit
Code:
http://e2openvpn.com/OpenVPN_Generator/

Add there username and password this will now generate a script.

Copy and paste the script in putty and hit enter you should now have the option for what VPN you want to use:

1) Nord VPN
2) IP Vanish
3) Digibit
4) PureVPN
5) PIA VPN
6) Quite

Choose your option and hit Enter this should then download the configs and once finished it will say OpenVPN Configs downloaded Please Start OpenVPN.

You will be asked to enter your choice again but you can ignore this.

Reboot box and goto plugins, VPN Changer and choose a country.

If using Mac

There is a version of Putty for Mac but is not very good.

Open Applications ->Utilities ->

Type the following command telnet 192.168.X.X (change the IP address to the one for the Zgemma/Enigma2 boxes)

Enter the username root (and password if you have set one) and press enter

Then follow the instructions above.

Problem 1,

When enabling OpenVPN I lose internet connection.

Possible Solution

Goto your network settings on box and change DHPC to no then blue button to Edit DNS

Try Google DNS

Nameserver 1 8.8.8.8

Nameserver2 8.8.4.4

Last edited:
Hi, I've used the script and setup for PureVpn. I go to openvpn and status shows as running. But it's not changing my public IP address? I tested this with putty using

wget -qO- http://ipecho.net/plain;echo

Whether I turn OpenVpn on or off it's always the same IP Address. Any ideas?

To access the ovpn files we need to login and the it allows us to download the .ovpn file. i can upload the file if required??
The issue is that I would need to manually edit each file and they could soon be outdated where as other VPN scripts download there configs direct from the VPN providers and edits them every time script is ran.

Try this method here http://www.techkings.org/threads/openvpn-with-my-private-network-on-enigma2.135282/#post-824371 but you will need to see if they have other files.

The issue is that I would need to manually edit each file and they could soon be outdated where as other VPN scripts download there configs direct from the VPN providers and edits them every time script is ran.

Try this method here http://www.techkings.org/threads/openvpn-with-my-private-network-on-enigma2.135282/#post-824371 but you will need to see if they have other files.

Thanks dsayer2014.

i have followed the instruction from link above. i now have installed the Openvpn config files to my box with my details from my vpn supplier (windscribe).

How do i install the vpn changer plugin to my box and also start openvpn ?

You can install vpn changer from here http://www.techkings.org/attachments/enigma2-plugin-extensions-vpnchanger_1-1-0_all-zip.31684/

I'm at work now so I'm trying to remember but I think in VPN changer change location to where your VPN files are then start VPN. You may also have to goto network menu and install vpn from there.

Thanks for your help.

Not sure if i need the vpn changer as i input my username/password and country of server into the script. if i need it, do you know what folder i would drop the plugin changer into using via filezilla to allow me to install it on the box via remote?

I'm also using ipab image and i've checked the download plugins on the box but openvpn is not there too?

i've got the openvpn config installed on my box but can't seem to find openvpn to able it ?

Thanks

If you've added to script it should install and setup for you. You should be able to goto VPN changer and start vpn

Last edited:
If you've added to script it should install and setup for you. You should be able to goto VPN changer and start vpn

putty.png

Hi dsayer2104,

I've re-installed the script again and rebooted my box, but when i go to the plugins on the box vpn changer isn't there ?

i'm ready to give up and just subscribe to one of the vpn suppliers in the option list on the script..lol. it's probably the easier option, rather than trying to get my windscribe vpn working.

Thanks for all your help and advice.

could someone please add windscribe vpn to the add vpn easily plugin, ive tried for 2 days now to add it to vpn config changer but im getting nowhere.
thank you

Back