Services Cheaper With VPN’s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paramount defaults to Canada with that unfortunately
To be honest mate you may struggle for one dns clearing all those options....controld does have the most though...your best option is to find one that clears the most and then vpn the odd 1 or 2 services. Controld just use the 30 day trial continuously lol

If ControlD is defaulting to Canada for Paramount+ it’s because there’s a conflict with another service. I can confirm I have successfully used ControlD for all the services listed at some point - but not necessarily at the same time.

For those struggling to get Paramount+ to work: there are two apps - a US one and a International one. The US one only works for the US and the International one only works for all other countries than the US. Make sure you’re downloading the right one. I have both on my Apple TV and Chromecast with Google TV and just toggle between them :)

If ControlD is defaulting to Canada for Paramount+ it’s because there’s a conflict with another service. I can confirm I have successfully used ControlD for all the services listed at some point - but not necessarily at the same time.

For those struggling to get Paramount+ to work: there are two apps - a US one and a International one. The US one only works for the US and the International one only works for all other countries than the US. Make sure you’re downloading the right one. I have both on my Apple TV and Chromecast with Google TV and just toggle between them :)
How do you know u're actually on the Mexican one ?

Any link for the APK. Mine is working without VPN , which doesn't seem right

When I set the ControlD service to Mexico the shows change and Mexican shows appear. Afraid I can’t help you with a APK as both apps were downloaded from the Play store using VPN.

Last edited:

I don’t know which country you’re in, but if you’ve got the international app and you’re in eg UK then it it would work without a VPN even if your account is Mexican (like mine). You’d just be seeing the UK catalogue, not the Mexican one :)

Yeah it’s not as simple as just switch control d on you have to set it up but it comes with amazing guides
Thanks, it's useful to know you chaps have it working. I'll have a play with the settings later tonight.

To be honest mate you may struggle for one dns clearing all those options....controld does have the most though...your best option is to find one that clears the most and then vpn the odd 1 or 2 services. Controld just use the 30 day trial continuously lol
Try Express it clears all the USA ones, not sure about India and Mexico, but you can get a trial or £2 for a month on account bot

I'm leaving the Dark Side, switching to an Apple TV. Ideally I'll have all I need (or most) on that with a DNS. I'll use the shield for anything that I desperately want and need to use a VPN for.

Disney Plus Turkey

Launch price will be 279 TL for year so that's £13.36 at today's exchange rate. Basically your paying for 12 mnths for price of 8.

The rate after launch will be 34 TL per mnth which is approx £1.62 pm at today exchange rates.

To take up the 12 month offer you need to register your email add with them on link below by ..MUST BE DONE BY TODAY 23.59PM SO YOU HAVE 1HR 50 MINS🤣🤣

Best to use an email add not used with Disney previously in case it clashes. You will get an email on 14th June with link to register and pay.

Still unsure what methods will be accepted for payment but that's part of the fun I guess. LOL

Stream Disney, Marvel, Pixar, Star Wars, National Geographic | Disney+

To use link must be on on VPN to Turkey. If you don't get to the correct page try another VPN.

Last edited:
When I go to sign up, my app is showing Leiria but when paying it shows GBP. Any suggestions?

Were you using a Google account that’s associated with the Turkish Play Store? I uninstalled the app, made sure I was logged into the Play store using my Turkish account, and then it all showed in TRL.

In my first try I was logged into my Swiss account and had exactly the same problem as you.

I'm leaving the Dark Side, switching to an Apple TV. Ideally I'll have all I need (or most) on that with a DNS. I'll use the shield for anything that I desperately want and need to use a VPN for.
When you set up your Apple TV, I recommend following the guide to setting up as DoH here:

Apple TV Setup Tutorial

It’s at the end under “Secure DNS”. For some reason their main guide seems to only have the legacy method, but I have experienced better performance when setting up as DoH.

Last edited:
Disney Plus Turkey

Launch price will be 279 TL for year so that's £13.36 at today's exchange rate. Basically your paying for 12 mnths for price of 8.

The rate after launch will be 34 TL per mnth which is approx £1.62 pm at today exchange rates.

To take up the 12 month offer you need to register your email add with them on link below by ..MUST BE DONE BY TODAY 23.59PM SO YOU HAVE 1HR 50 MINS🤣🤣

Best to use an email add not used with Disney previously in case it clashes. You will get an email on 14th June with link to register and pay.

Still unsure what methods will be accepted for payment but that's part of the fun I guess. LOL

Stream Disney, Marvel, Pixar, Star Wars, National Geographic | Disney+

To use link must be on on VPN to Turkey. If you don't get to the correct page try another VPN.
Did you ever end up getting you email bud?

Were you using a Google account that’s associated with the Turkish Play Store? I uninstalled the app, made sure I was logged into the Play store using my Turkish account, and then it all showed in TRL.

In my first try I was logged into my Swiss account and had exactly the same problem as you.
Yeah I did try that bud kept coming up with the same error. Tried on the website and it worked fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back