starview 4 usb Nagra 2 fix for Ireland

NESCAF,
The easiest way to update The Box USB is to load the .bin file onto a USB Stick. Then plug it into the box & update the firmware by following the instructions in the User Manual.
Regards,
MMDS

Thats what I did. Thanks for the download. It works for me in Dublin. :cheers::willy nilly:

lol nice to see they got of there butts and sorted it il let the irish family no lol if its not already been done. :)

Hi there, can someone please tell me how to tell which type of Starview box I have? Sorry I dont mean to sound stupid I just dont know which version it is.

Thanks

hey there.... is the starview download easy to do? .... I'm a complete dunce when it comes to anything too technical :)

Thank you. I recognised it from the pics, its Starview 1. Am I right in thinking that there is no fix for it yet?

Unfortunately not monkeypuzzle, just the SV 4 for now mate.

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

hey there.... is the starview download easy to do? .... I'm a complete dunce when it comes to anything too technical :)

All the info for flashing the starview 4 is here :

>>> http://www.techkings.org/showthread.php?t=51

As Eva said you`ll need a usb stick to flash the box ;)

When if ever can we expect a fix for the older boxes...... The box Super, Starview 1 & 2?? And what would happen to these boxes if the latest firmware was put on them??

Hi niamh,

Its not looking good for the other starview boxes at the moment, but you never know.
If you put the latest firmware for the sv4 on your sv1 or sv2 etc, it will (more than likely) kill your box.
It wont work for either of these boxes.

Last edited:
Folks just a quick note on updating the USB:

I did a factory reset, loaded the new software from the USB stick, scanned for NTHell, entered Info 1570 & turned on the Key. When I exited the menu to the channels only some of them had returned. I left it for a while on Sly Sports & Sly 2 but no joy.

It wasn't until I went into the Secret menu again & hit 'Set Default Key' that Sly Sports & other premium channels returned. It also seems that batches of channels have different keys in N2 as opposed to the same key across all channels in N1. Has anyone else noticed this?

Anyway all channels back & many happy faces around!! :dance:

@mmds and Evastar

Keys are same for all channels, and have not rolled/changed yet at all.
what you see in CAS menu is not even n2 keys, just some n1 crap,
so dont worry about what it says keys are..

sorry lads.im new to this.have super usb box done the fix and got all back.cheers for fix.can anyone tell me what i need to do so i can record on it

Hi Anto,
You`ll need a USB stick to record or an external HDD.
Press epg on the remote,
On the epg, highlight the programme you want to record, then press the red button. The epg will show a b0x around the programme you want to record. you can skip through the epg to choose what to record.

cheers noel.used a stick and it was very jumpy so i tried a stick you put a memory card in and works perfect

Back