starview 4 usb Nagra 2 fix for Ireland

lads.sorry to bother yous again but if i highlight a program to record in an hours time and watching something else.when program starts the box switches to the program but doesnt record.have to press record then.why is this.just like to say cheers to noely for all info and evastar for the acknoledgement

lads.sorry to bother yous again but if i highlight a program to record in an hours time and watching something else.when program starts the box switches to the program but doesnt record.have to press record then.why is this.just like to say cheers to noely for all info and evastar for the acknoledgement

its coz u carnt with that box record in advance

U can set a reminder like you did 4 sumit in an hour......but u have 2 be there manualy 2 record

The only thing about the SV4 is its a single tuner, so you can only record what you`re watching.

Starview Fix - NTL Dublin - Lots of channels still missing

Folks,

Have downloaded the fix etc and have lots of channels but no movies, sports, RTE2, TV3 and Discovery etc- are these going to come back or am I doing something wrong???

Evening nescaf,
menu > 1570 on remote
Set default key > press ok
Turn keycode on & exit back to channels.

Hey,

I'm just after downloading and installing the software but I don't have the movies or sports channels. I've turned the key code on and set the default key. Any ideas?

Thanks

Factory reset & autoscan & you should be sorted.
Menu > factory setting > ok
pin - 0000
ok to delete
English > installation
autoscan on N*L

Channels found > exit

menu > 1570 on remote
Set default key > press ok
Turn keycode on & exit back to channels.

Channels should now be back.

Still not working

factory reset & autoscan & you should be sorted.
Menu > factory setting > ok
pin - 0000
ok to delete
english > installation
autoscan on n*l

channels found > exit

menu > 1570 on remote
set default key > press ok
turn keycode on & exit back to channels.

Channels should now be back.

should al;channels be back still missing loads and movies saying bad channel etc???

This thread is for the starview super usb (sv4) nescaf.
You wont get the movies, sports etc on the starview 1 on n*l in Ireland as there is no fix.
To be honest , I dont think there will ever be a fix for that box.

The only starview fix out at the moment is for the starview 4.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I still can't get any movies or sports channels.

Here is what I did:
I bought a new starview 4 box and downloaded the bin file from a different website according to the instructions that came with it.
I installed it and and did an autoscan, it found all the channels.
Then I went into the secret menu, set the default key and turned the key code on.

I followed noelyf's advice and did a factory reset and still no luck.

I downloaded the firmware from this site, but the box won't give my the option of installing it.

I'm in Dublin and on N*L

Any ideas?

Thanks again

Download the firmware v1.10 onto your desktop.
Drag the v1.10 onto the usb stick & follow the instructions below.

Press the menu button on the remote there you will see USB at the bottom of the screen.
Just highlight USB with the remote then you will see the (Box Super USB Bin file) appear on the screen.
Highlight "theboxsuperusb_ V1.10 with the remote and press the ok button then you will see the file start loading in to the Box.
The firmware will now load onto the SV4.

When you have the firmware loaded onto the box, the box will reboot (start up again).
dont touch anything for about 30 seconds, then you can go in to the Cas menu & set the default key & turn the keycode on.

Exit out to a channel & It should now update for you.

Back