The IPTV Price War

remember these providers are also taking a major risk, it's got to be made worth their while. It they get busted, you can just move on, while they get massive fines etc.

Look at how many cheaper providers shut down when xc-codes went down a few months ago,it wasn't worth their while rebuilding, easier to take the money and run. The better providers worked through the issues and found solutions, kept their customers informed and updated and in most cases with a service.

Some great common sense in the last couple of pages of replies off the vip lads as usual ,Why do people no heed the advise off the mods on post 1 and do 1 or 3 months subs so little risk involved then (y)

Some great common sense in the last couple of pages of replies off the vip lads as usual ,Why do people no heed the advise off the mods on post 1 and do 1 or 3 months subs so little risk involved then (y)
To be honest I think the main problem for decent suppliers is noobs not doing there research.
. Internet speeds to slow to run iptv
. running there device on a wireless network
. Buying cheap boxes and expecting the same performance as a formuler or sheild.

The list could probably go on

To be honest I think the main problem for decent suppliers is noobs not doing there research.
. Internet speeds to slow to run iptv
. running there device on a wireless network
. Buying cheap boxes and expecting the same performance as a formuler or sheild.

The list could probably go on
Its easier than ever for them now mike

You can only give advice to people, if they choose to ignore it or do their own thing then nothing you can do.

You have tried to help them out and make them aware of potential issues and how to combat such issues.

You can only give advice to people, if they choose to ignore it or do their own thing then nothing you can do.

You have tried to help them out and make them aware of potential issues and how to combat such issues.
Yes but you will find it is the same people who will post back complaining when things go tits up

So the elephant in the room is all of the suppliers on T.K are resellers who rent panels from larger suppliers. Do any of the resellers know why Douglas on the I.O.M is now the hotspot for servers?

No they have no clue.

Wouldnt say all resellers are clueless, there are probably some who know their s*it but arent the main supplier, not that is a bad thing.

I dont mind resellers as long as they know what they are talking about and supply a good service.

To be honest the supplier is going to look after them better than a single punter as they could potentially loose 100s of accounts.

Absaloutly Mike the top guys who have resellers who have x amount of customers will always get looked after then info gets passed to sub sellers then end users remember a couple of year ago suppliers going quiet on football days and end users posting in iptv support section for help as providers gone quiet

You will find very few true IPTV providers selling their own services for a number of reasons, the main I suspect so they can concentrate on the service and let others do the customer service stuff, anyone who has worked in customer service, which I have done for 20+ years will know it can take up a lot of time.

Wouldnt say all resellers are clueless, there are probably some who know their s*it but arent the main supplier, not that is a bad thing.
All resellers are there to make money for themselves. They are retailers who don't know or understand where their supply is coming from.

All resellers are there to make money for themselves. They are retailers who don't know or understand where their supply is coming from.

Of course they are there to make money no disputing that mate.

Just say there are likely resellers who know the technical side of things like the main supplier. Maybe few and far between but I would hazard a guess they exist.

The reaper a blast from the past.

Seen him mentioned on here alot over the years, didnt speak much to him but seemed like a legend here.

Baz, Pablo, grog, willo, Abu, VIPS and many other members make the place great. They are always willing to help people and go beyond what they have to, I know as alot of these guys have helped me even though I aint easiest person to help I'll admit lol.

Of course they are there to make money no disputing that mate.

Just say there are likely resellers who know the technical side of things like the main supplier. Maybe few and far between but I would hazard a guess they exist.
It really is not that hard to set up a server but you probably won't make enough money selling on here.

That's a sweeping statement, a good reseller will know as much as is needed to serve the end user, why would a reseller and/or customer need to know where the feeds are sourced, and even if they did they would be as fick as .... if they went round telling people where their supply comes from.

That's a sweeping statement, a good reseller will know as much as is needed to serve the end user, why would a reseller and/or customer need to know where the feeds are sourced, and even if they did they would be as fick as .... if they went round telling people where their supply comes from.
The resellers did not start out to serve the end user - they started out to make money for themselves. If they look after their customers they make more money for themselves.

They don't know about the history or principality of Sealand or why the I.O.M as a Crown dependency cannot be touched by any UK or EU law. They just rent a panel and resell for a profit.
and your point is? why would a reseller need to know why the provider has chosen one datacentre over another.

Are you saying you would not buy a PC from PC World as the salesman wouldn't know where it was build and the history of the factory location?:unsure:

The resellers did not start out to serve the end user - they started out to make money for themselves. If they look after their customers they make more money for themselves.

You can say the same about anyone that sells something. I don't see what your point is. Providers do it to make money.

Back