Tidal

After the email about payments from international cards the other day, they have emailed me saying prices will be increasing, anyone else had the email

Hello,
We are writing to inform you that, due to a technical error, you were not notified of the price increase for your subscription. As of August 1, 2023, the price of your HiFi Family subscription has been changed to $589, but due to the above error, we will honor your original subscription price for one month from your first billing date after August 17. August 2023.
Next, we will break down in detail what you will have to pay and when.

On your next payment date after August 17, 2023, you will pay $145 through the payment method you have chosen and registered.
Thereafter, the monthly price of your HiFi Family subscription will change to $589 on your first billing date after September 25, 2023.

After the email about payments from international cards the other day, they have emailed me saying prices will be increasing, anyone else had the email
Yes ...price trippling and my cards not good enough for them now..makes great business sense ..lol

Yes ...price trippling and my cards not good enough for them now..makes great business sense ..lol
Leads to the question what happens if they don't accept the card next time, they charged the 589 this month without telling us of price increase which is why they are charging the old rate in September so we havn't been overcharged. If they don't accept our payment for next month then they have still overcharged us so in theory owe us refund of 445 ARS. a whole 91 pence lol

Going to hang fire and see what happens with this one. They’re going to lose a fair bit of custom as people look for other deals.

If you use your card regulaur you genrally get no issues. But if ots just now and again to pay for various subs they may block it.

Well my Tidal sub for this month has just gone through using Revolut.
A grand total of 52p (ARS 225). Hopefully it won’t bounce back.

Still not working for me using Revolut. I just get a prompt saying there’s been an error.

My sub came out yesterday on my Starling card, 145ARS (33p) and my Tidal account shows next due date is next Month.

My sub came out yesterday on my Starling card, 145ARS (33p) and my Tidal account shows next due date is next Month.
Yeah seems fine ...have heard that October is when this change is to take place so let's see what happens next month 🙏

On the email there was no date, but it could be looming! We’ll see. 🤞🏻
No but the email did say

So one would assume it was with immediate effect, but as you see, we will wait and see
That's what I thought too mate.

I've tried to update my card for Tidal Brazil, but every time I try to continue button has greyed out i do have paypal on file, but I got an email saying that the payment failed, so I've re-added it and used another card instead no idea if will go through or not

My tidal stopped on Thursday, the renewal wouldn’t go through, moved to Spotify turkey last month
Out of interest, did you have it set up to take payment automatically, or did you manually make a payment when due (if that's an option)? just wondering what the difference may be between those that renewed OK and those that didn't. Also what bank card did you use?

I followed a thread on hotukdeals
The steps were to
Create a brand new gmail with vpn set to turkey
Add a Turkish billing address and added my revolut to create a google pay in the account settings

Use LDplayer on my pc( as I don’t have an android phone) to create a new play store account with a new email
Download Spotify with vpn still on and sign up with the new google account to pay with google pay.

it took a number of tries and I had to pay for 1 month to get it to work, it wouldn’t work with free trial, and I had to turn my vpn off at the final payment step
I ended up buying two months so my renewing payment hopefully will come out in the next month

Back