Tidal

I just received an email from Tidal Argentina announcing a price rise (nearly a 4-fold increase!) from 1st August. The individual account (HiFi Plus) is going from 145 Argentinian Pesos (0.45 GBP) / month to 570 Argentinian Pesos (1.75 GBP) / month

Still cheap, but definitely a jump.

I just received an email from Tidal Argentina announcing a price rise (nearly a 4-fold increase!) from 1st August. The individual account (HiFi Plus) is going from 145 Argentinian Pesos (0.45 GBP) / month to 570 Argentinian Pesos (1.75 GBP) / month

Argentina and Turkey don't do price rises like the UK it's usually over 100% rise in this case lot more ..its amazing how locals could actually pay those rates ...unless most subscribers are from other countries and they know that 🤣

I'm paying the same price 145 pesoss for the HIFI family subscription, not had any notification of price increase.

So I got tidal from Argentina for less than €1 a month didn't realise its not supported on alexa in Ireland but it is in the US, so I made a usa amazon account and linked tidal to the US account via the alexa app, it works. Hope this helps someone.

Been paying for Tidal through Argentina and just got this email tonight:
We would like to provide you with an important update regarding the acceptance of payment cards in light of recent changes in the handling of Argentine Peso (ARS) currency exchange by Visa and Mastercard. As a result of these changes, our payment processor will now only accept cards issued by Argentine banks for the foreseeable future. This includes both Visa and Mastercard.

Depending on your current country of residence, you have a few options available to you:​
  1. If you currently live in Argentina and are using a VISA or MASTERCARD card that was not issued by an Argentine bank, please update your payment method to a card issued in Argentina. Failure to do so may lead to billing failure and, ultimately, the cancellation of your subscription.
  2. If you have moved to a different country, you will need to create a new TIDAL account using a different username and register it in the new country where you currently reside. Once your new account is set up, we can assist you in transferring all your playlists and favorites.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your understanding. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the TIDAL Support team​

Been paying for Tidal through Argentina and just got this email tonight:
We would like to provide you with an important update regarding the acceptance of payment cards in light of recent changes in the handling of Argentine Peso (ARS) currency exchange by Visa and Mastercard. As a result of these changes, our payment processor will now only accept cards issued by Argentine banks for the foreseeable future. This includes both Visa and Mastercard.

Depending on your current country of residence, you have a few options available to you:​
  1. If you currently live in Argentina and are using a VISA or MASTERCARD card that was not issued by an Argentine bank, please update your payment method to a card issued in Argentina. Failure to do so may lead to billing failure and, ultimately, the cancellation of your subscription.
  2. If you have moved to a different country, you will need to create a new TIDAL account using a different username and register it in the new country where you currently reside. Once your new account is set up, we can assist you in transferring all your playlists and favorites.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your understanding. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the TIDAL Support team​
The end is near ..😔

I got the same email, had to dig it out of my trash as I rarely read the emails they send, time to look for another country then. They only took my payment last week, so will see what happens next month. If it doesn't go through then will travel the world to find another country to subscribe from.

Would this have anything to do with the iffy financial situation in Argentina at the moment??
I tried googling and all I saw (without proper look) is that visa and Mastercard where allowed to offer 'tourists' double the exchange rate that is normally allowed, so basically halving the price of everything paid for with international card

No email yet....tbh I don't use it! Plan was to migrate family to Tidal from Spotify, but none of them will budge so now I am paying for this and Spotify 🤣

Has anyone tried Turkey? its showing as 19.99 TRY which is about 58p a month for the Hifi Plus

Might give it a go

Edit; ok even though they show price in Turkish, when I sign up with Turkish vpn it says not available in my country
Edit 2 : using Surfshark, selected Turkey but then doing IP lookup one site shows I'm in Turkey but another says I'm in Essex

1692817574183.png

Last edited:
You did well mate to get that price for Tidal in turkey...Tidal stopped supporting turkey abt 2 years ago..🤣
well that would explain the message I get. I thought I heard they don't support turkey but when the price appeared I thought I might be lucky

Back