Tidal

tqd12

Tidal have just blocked my Revolut card. I was using it to pay via Argentina. Anyone else had their Revolut card removed?

I use my Starling card to pay for Tidal, it renewed ok in mid October, next payment due next week.

Was you using a new card? or was it automatic card payment? Are you sure it was Tidal and not Revolut that blocked the transaction for some reason? I've had my bank do that before if they think it's a dodgy looking transaction but not sure if Revolut do the same thing.

Did you have enough Argentinian money on it,?
Were you using a real card or a virtual one,?

I use my Starling card to pay for Tidal, it renewed ok in mid October, next payment due next week.

Was you using a new card? or was it automatic card payment? Are you sure it was Tidal and not Revolut that blocked the transaction for some reason? I've had my bank do that before if they think it's a dodgy looking transaction but not sure if Revolut do the same thing.
Revolut will block cards that seem suspicious if it's a foreign currency and you don't hold any of it.
Although normally they send a notification to your phone for permission within 5 minutes or it will be denied, happens to me a lot even when I hold the currency.

Also had my Revolut blocked by Tidal after getting two months recurring payments through without issue.

Been using Tidal and YouTube premium with a virtual revolut card for getting on for a year now. No problems here, but I do make sure it always has money on it.

Are you sure it was Tidal and not Revolut,?
I had my card knocked back by Revolut last weekend for a physical payment outside the UK,
I had to use my app to reset and allow the payment.

I had a mess about with trying to register a temp revolut and also my Halifax current account card but it wasn't accepting either - regardless of whether it's Tidal or Revolut who blocked it, the subscription has expired and I have no way of resubscribing on there.

Gonna try set up another account with my Mrs' revolut card, hopefully that'll last longer than two months.

I had a mess about with trying to register a temp revolut and also my Halifax current account card but it wasn't accepting either - regardless of whether it's Tidal or Revolut who blocked it, the subscription has expired and I have no way of resubscribing on there.

Gonna try set up another account with my Mrs' revolut card, hopefully that'll last longer than two months.
If it's a recurring sub, do NOT use a Revolut burner card, or virtual, they show up different and get rejected a lot.
Just use the normal card and freeze it if you need, assuming you don't actually use REVOLUT as a main bank card that is.
I do use it as my main bank, but I actually have 3 physical cards and 2 accounts, so freezing one card wouldn't make my life unmanageable.

If it's a recurring sub, do NOT use a Revolut burner card, or virtual, they show up different and get rejected a lot.
Just use the normal card and freeze it if you need, assuming you don't actually use REVOLUT as a main bank card that is.
I do use it as my main bank, but I actually have 3 physical cards and 2 accounts, so freezing one card wouldn't make my life unmanageable.

Yeah it was the physical card I'd used and all was fine for two months so God knows what changed this month, card has enough money on it to cover the subscription for about 18 months.

I've had 2 months go through fine then this month payment declined, contacted revolut - they say nothing wrong their end, created a new virtual card and its processed fine.
I can use the original virtual card for other things still, just won't work with Tidal. Frustrating!!

Looks like a trend wonder what's causing it ....not happened to everyone appears similar to other chap where new account 2 months paymts before it's stopped ..

@Vumon Was it also a new account recently setup..? And did u also use revolut virtual?
No mate. Had it for at Least eight months. I originally set it up with a virtual, then this morning had an email saying they could take payment. Tried my physical card, still no joy, so got a new virtual and it went through straight away.

Just got same email from Tidal Payment issue..Revolut ..changed to Starling as all issues so far on here seem to be Revolut cards. See how it goes here on.

Cheers for this - I've just opened a Starling account and I'll open a fresh Tidal account just in case the account I did have is somehow blacklisted.

Back