Trouble getting IPTV to play through 4G using a 4G Router

SlamA

Hi,

I bought a 4g router to play the zgemma through, as i live in an area with terrible internet (sub 2mbps). The IPTV will try to play through Broadband fine, but when the zgemma is connected to the LTE router it just refuses. A laptop connected to the 4G Router can play the IPTV using VLC Media Player, so i don't think it's a result of content blocking.

When the Zgemma is connected to the router (via Ethernet), it does have an internet connection and can play content through the satellite via cardshare, and on YouTube via applications. The specific router is the Huawei B593s-22. Gives us 30-50 Mbps, so it's plenty fast enough and IPTV plays via the laptop. Any idea what's going on with the box? Even sent working links via E-Channelizer to double check it wasnt an Xtreme Editor sync issue.

Hi,

I bought a 4g router to play the zgemma through, as i live in an area with terrible internet (sub 2mbps). The IPTV will try to play through Broadband fine, but when the zgemma is connected to the LTE router it just refuses. A laptop connected to the 4G Router can play the IPTV using VLC Media Player, so i don't think it's a result of content blocking.

When the Zgemma is connected to the router (via Ethernet), it does have an internet connection and can play content through the satellite via cardshare, and on YouTube via applications. The specific router is the Huawei B593s-22. Gives us 30-50 Mbps, so it's plenty fast enough and IPTV plays via the laptop. Any idea what's going on with the box? Even sent working links via E-Channelizer to double check it wasnt an Xtreme Editor sync issue.
Has your provider got ip lock on ask him to refresh and kick the line have you done a speed test reboot router and box

Nah, we have 5 simultaneous connections and can usually stream it on 4g watching on the phone.

Reset the box and router multiple times. Such a weird issue this. Speedtest.net shows the speed is 30Mbps

So if you've been watching on your phone then tried to watch on your box sounds like ip lock from server end can you watch on phone now

I can watch on laptop, phone doesnt have a sim in it atm as it's in the router.

Laptop with VLC works via both broadband connection and 4G.

I recently set my dad up with this model of router along with an unlimited three SIM and an iptv sub on a zgemma h9s. His does work but it takes a good 10-15 seconds for the channels to appear. He gets 20-25mbps and a ping of 39ms.

I also setup my old vu+ solo2 on the same network but connected via WiFi. It also takes 10-15 seconds for the channels to load.

Both boxes are running wooshbuild, same subscription. I've tested the sub using the app on my phone whilst connected to the network and it works fine.

I then ordered a tp link mr6400 and tried that. It made a lot of improvement to the solo2 but no improvement with the zgemma.

This weekend I am going to reflash the zgemma. I will report back with an update

Hey Gbuzz, thanks for confirming im not the only one having issues. It seems Zgemma really does not like 4G, it takes a good 20 seconds for mine to load as well now.

Im at my wit's end. Tried using service app to change streaming player to no change. I don't understand why a 2.5 Mbps broadband connection starts playing basically instantly but with a tonne of buffering, but a 4G 50 Mbps connection takes 20-30 seconds to start playing, but plays without any buffering.

Good morning,

I haven't managed to reflash the zgemma at my dads yet. Hopefully I'll get time over the easter weekend. I'll update once done

i had a similar problem with a friends 4g router the fix was the 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 in the dns settings primary and secondary respectively might be worth a go

i had a similar problem with a friends 4g router the fix was the 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 in the dns settings primary and secondary respectively might be worth a go
Spider1965- please can you advise me on how I change the above settings in my router ? I have an an ASUS 4g-Ac55u.

After a year of running my IPTV box via Ethernet cable into above 4g router, problem free; back in June I started experiencing buffering issues whilst watching live streams via the IPTV box.

The stream will play for a couple of seconds, then goes blank and then comes back on display. The same issue keeps happening every 20 seconds or less.

I haven’t changed any hardware on the network and the set up has been the same for 18 months.

Could it be a dns issue?

I tried another network providers simcard (instead of the existing one I’m having issues with) and there was no buffering or blank screen issues whatsoever?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Spider1965- please can you advise me on how I change the above settings in my router ? I have an an ASUS 4g-Ac55u.

After a year of running my IPTV box via Ethernet cable into above 4g router, problem free; back in June I started experiencing buffering issues whilst watching live streams via the IPTV box.

The stream will play for a couple of seconds, then goes blank and then comes back on display. The same issue keeps happening every 20 seconds or less.

I haven’t changed any hardware on the network and the set up has been the same for 18 months.

Could it be a dns issue?

I tried another network providers simcard (instead of the existing one I’m having issues with) and there was no buffering or blank screen issues whatsoever?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Hi ithink to log in to your router type 192.168.1.1 user name admin password admin change the dns settings on first page

I can login to the router but I don’t know where to put the settings you’re referring too.?
What are the full dns settings you would recommend?

Attachments

• 5B9265A4-694A-4624-BC56-FE0482876A0F.png
    5B9265A4-694A-4624-BC56-FE0482876A0F.png
    843.5 KB · Views: 7
  • F2D28D71-B3E3-4BE7-9131-39E9CE9CFD50.png
    F2D28D71-B3E3-4BE7-9131-39E9CE9CFD50.png
    432.6 KB · Views: 6
Hi all having problems with my zgamma box not connecting to the Internet and its hard wired to the router any ideas plz

Back