[Tutorial] Audio Fix

Got mine working but my supplier glitches like **** on OsCam, near enough perfect on mgcamd (and yes he does support OsCam). As TheSource says SS Main Event HD I'm not that fussed about as everything can be viewed on the other channels.

how to delete abm. and install agian.+ where is config file.
please explain
thanks
Open the autobouquetsmaker then delete bouquets then click update config files in same menu reboot box go back into autobouquetsmaker and start scan

Can anyone confirm if audio fixes have been successfully achieved on the Zgemma Star LC boxes?
I've been trying to fix the no audio issue and NAR issue for a few days now.

Upgraded Vix from 5.0.013 to 5.0.0025.... no audio on SS Main Event HD, NAR on HD channels.
Upgraded ABM to 2.8 and updated config files.... no audio on SS Main Event HD, NAR on HD channels.
Using Oscam r11384... clearing fine but still no audio on SS Main Event HD, NAR on HD channels.

The ViX image I'm using was downloaded from the zgemma website. Still no luck.
I'm hearing rumors of a new audio codec causing absolutely no audio on some channels, but I'm hearing that it's working for a lot of people.
I can't just be me that uses the Star LC box with ViX. Anyone else?

Can anyone confirm if audio fixes have been successfully achieved on the Zgemma Star LC boxes?
I've been trying to fix the no audio issue and NAR issue for a few days now.

Upgraded Vix from 5.0.013 to 5.0.0025.... no audio on SS Main Event HD, NAR on HD channels.
Upgraded ABM to 2.8 and updated config files.... no audio on SS Main Event HD, NAR on HD channels.
Using Oscam r11384... clearing fine but still no audio on SS Main Event HD, NAR on HD channels.

The ViX image I'm using was downloaded from the zgemma website. Still no luck.
I'm hearing rumors of a new audio codec causing absolutely no audio on some channels, but I'm hearing that it's working for a lot of people.
I can't just be me that uses the Star LC box with ViX. Anyone else?

thats an old version of Vix,
I'm running
OpenViX 5.0.032 (2017-10-25)
you may be better flashing ATV as its supported on zgemma , so you will get more recent updates

how to delete abm. and install agian.+ where is config file.
please explain
thanks
To delete abm its menu, plugins, red to uninstall, systemplugins, abm. Then menu, green, systemplugins, abm. Once installed menu, setup, service searching, abm, delete bouquets, update config file, reboot, go back and run abm scan

Just wanted to pass on my thanks to aidzo and the other members of the forum who have taken the time to help everyone with the recent issues.

Got my box working perfectly now by reflashing my H5.2TC with ATV 6.1 rather than using a build (as I was having so many problems with using Wooshbuild) then following the instructions in the first post here to get Oscam running.

Last edited:
Moved over to openatv after the narration came back on again on vix.
Got 2 problems now if anyone can help.
1. No image on any channel audio is clearing but no image.
2. Autobouquets keeps giving me this message (below)

Any ideas?
Thanks.

Attachments

• 20171116_155249.jpg
    20171116_155249.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 125
Moved over to openatv after the narration came back on again on vix.
Got 2 problems now if anyone can help.
1. No image on any channel audio is clearing but no image.
2. Autobouquets keeps giving me this message (below)

Any ideas?
Thanks.

Which receiver do you have ? Have you enabled and configured your tuners for the correct net id ?

Have mines set up for cable like this wullboy like you said with "Caid"

[reader]
label =
protocol = newcamd
device =
key = 0102030405060708091011121314
user =
password =
inactivitytimeout = 60
disableserverfilter = 1
caid = 1841
ident = 1841:000000
group = 1

Tried the above put all my info in but keep getting the: No ECM info, the line must be wrong somewhere, I downloaded the zip file with 5 files (CONF,BAK,DVBAPI,SERVER,USER) uloaded them to tuxbox, edited the server file with my info, switched to oscam restart it, No ECM info. restarted the box still the same. any help welcome, sorry should have said, zgemma h5.2ct, wooshbuild

Last edited:
I've changed my softcam, but my problem is my miraclebox is old, but working. I don't have update config via my ABM, so I got the config file and manually put it on the box. However I'm not sure if I need to update my ABM 2.5 as when I go to do new scan it says 'area not found'. When I look in the providers, it show Kabel and virgin, but not the 3rd virgin where I can click left to change the area. However it works fine once i put back original. Also on another forum someone says they don't use ABM and his audio is fine. Can someone in DEV shed some light. Thanks.

Fix kinda worked for me, got the audio back but now channels take extra long to clear and I'm getting a lot freezing. I'm gonna have to change back to MgCamd

I hope a fix gets released for MGcamd. My line runs spot on with MGcamd, but as soon as I use the same line in Oscam (and yes Oscam is supported by my line provider) it regularly freezes every couple of minutes. Read through this thread from the start and have implemented members suggestions on how to solve this issue, but not having much luck with removing AD from HD channels. Think i'll just wait it out and watch sd for the time being. Flashed a new vix image to my box. Running abm 2.8, updated the config file and it made things worse with duplicate channels showing up with a black screen, so reinstalled abm and started scan again without updating the config file. Things are pretty much back to where they were previously, but with ad on HD even when using Oscam. Can't get my head around it.

Is there a new abm version out as i get an error now when trying to update config file “incompatible version 2.8>2.9”

i checked mine this morning and it said 2.9 was out so did a software update then
updated ABM, deleted bouquets, rebooted box, done a rescan
now all the channels clear straight aways with mgcamd1.38r1 :)
also just tested oscam and the channels seem to clear faster than they did

I hope a fix gets released for MGcamd. My line runs spot on with MGcamd, but as soon as I use the same line in Oscam (and yes Oscam is supported by my line provider) it regularly freezes every couple of minutes. Read through this thread from the start and have implemented members suggestions on how to solve this issue, but not having much luck with removing AD from HD channels. Think i'll just wait it out and watch sd for the time being. Flashed a new vix image to my box. Running abm 2.8, updated the config file and it made things worse with duplicate channels showing up with a black screen, so reinstalled abm and started scan again without updating the config file. Things are pretty much back to where they were previously, but with ad on HD even when using Oscam. Can't get my head around it.

Yeah my mgcamd 1.38c was working fine until the sound went, switched to oscam to fix it and it all seemed to work fine, but im getting a lot of freezing that wasnt happening before, sometimes its a quick stutter and sometimes it freezes for a good while and i have to change channels. I guess maybe I need to change some oscam settings or something but my provider says he doesnt support oscam so cant help with settings. my sub is up in a couple of weeks anyway so not sure about getting a new line (major pain trying to find a proper reputable reliable provider) or just leaving it since it seems days are numbered anyway.

Is mgcamd1.38r1 different to 1.38c? I notice there is an r5 available to download in my vix plugins but not sure how new or old it is vs my 1.38c

Last edited:
i checked mine this morning and it said 2.9 was out so did a software update then
updated ABM, deleted bouquets, rebooted box, done a rescan
now all the channels clear straight aways with mgcamd1.38r1 :)
also just tested oscam and the channels seem to clear faster than they did

Edit: i would hold off of updating for now as i just checked all the movies and they only have 1 NAR track again :(
fixed it by copying the old cable_uk_virgin.xml file back into the plugin folder and done another rescan
looks like its back to oscam for now

as for mgcamd1.38r1 and 1.38c im not sure bud ive only used 1.38r1

Back