UK Sat HD is back - 2023.

Picture quality is naff 😗
Well aint managed to get icam line yet but no big deal was just thinking from what I read most or if not all SD DE channels will change to HD , So what will happen to UK ones that can only get SD at the moment will that be it down. ?

I have not seen a clear guide on which boxes the viark type system works on there are a few different ones i believe.

Viark i think its full euro satellite including an Iptv package

GT Media UHD seems to be the new kid on the block that is just satellite (Mars) package. Hardware is much cheaper and easier to get in the uk

Yes I agree Mr moshi with the pic quality that is getting reported it's not worth the risk of setting up a server. So it's really for people who are really into sat and like messing around.

For the average person who just want sat tv I think viark is a better option

I watched F1 on it at weekend, watchable but onscreen graphics blurry, but I am not a connoisseur of picture quality lol
I watched a bit of Motocross on Icam SD its watchable, im happy with it is as a backup obviously compared to the HD Pic from my Viark's it really is just that a backup. Its worse than the compressed IPTV stuff.

If you dont have a Forever server box or IPTV then it would be worth having or use as a backup.

Last edited:
not that I've seen, the selling it with a box/pre configured images was months ago.
Not seen any servers I mean the state of it you could charge £15 a year from all accounts it's terrible even the die hard enthusiasts say its a waste of time.

If you get a few people together and buy a card do it yourself. But I think viark is the way to go.

Not seen any servers I mean the state of it you could charge £15 a year from all accounts it's terrible even the die hard enthusiasts say its a waste of time.

If you get a few people together and buy a card do it yourself. But I think viark is the way to go.
it's SD, apart from that it works well. The only one's I've seen saying it is that bad are those trying to flog IPTV.

This, as it stands will not replace IPTV, and probably not as good as Viark, but for those that don't want to pay out for a multi sat box that sometimes has 28.2E on it then this could be a good backup for IPTV.

Those viark/GT Media are like the old openboxes they are very basic

Back