UK Sat HD is back - 2023.

it's SD, apart from that it works well. The only one's I've seen saying it is that bad are those trying to flog IPTV.

This, as it stands will not replace IPTV, and probably not as good as Viark, but for those that don't want to pay out for a multi sat box that sometimes has 28.2E on it then this could be a good backup for IPTV.
Not trying to flog anything mate. I am just stating what people are saying elsewhere yes it works. But with viark it's hd and you get iptv plus it's cheap as chips.

I just can't see the point of it. It's like a step back it's like using dial up Internet when you can get fibre

Like I said earlier I think it's more for the sat enthusiasts to use as a backup.
Its a shame the shield does not have a satellite lnb input if ever there was need for upscaling then the SD channels would be the perfect choice. :sneaky:

Not trying to flog anything mate. I am just stating what people are saying elsewhere yes it works. But with viark it's hd and you get iptv plus it's cheap as chips.

I just can't see the point of it. It's like a step back it's like using dial up Internet when you can get fibre
cheap as chips, £150+ for the box, and to get full benefit then a motorised dish setup, so probably talking £200+ in total

For someone already with an E2 box with IPTV on, freesat for HD mainstream channels, paying a few quid for an ICAM line as a backup sounds cheaper to me and not a lot lost if 28.2 goes dark again, and to be honest most people don't want all the international channels and the hassle of installing a motorised dish.

As for what people are saying, it's funny how everyone is saying it's hard to get a line, but they all know how good it is. It can't be that hard to get a line then if they've all got one. Or maybe, like you they are all going by what someone else has said.

Its a shame the shield does not have a satellite lnb input if ever there was need for upscaling then the SD channels would be the perfect choice. :sneaky:

It would take alot more improvement for me to move from iptv mate. Got 3 suppliers all ate better for different things.

cheap as chips, £150+ for the box, and to get full benefit then a motorised dish setup, so probably talking £200+ in total

For someone already with an E2 box with IPTV on, freesat for HD mainstream channels, paying a few quid for an ICAM line as a backup sounds cheaper to me and not a lot lost if 28.2 goes dark again, and to be honest most people don't want all the international channels and the hassle of installing a motorised dish.

As for what people are saying, it's funny how everyone is saying it's hard to get a line, but they all know how good it is. It can't be that hard to get a line then if they've all got one. Or maybe, like you they are all going by what someone else has said.
Mate I can get a line in 20 seconds but I am not going to bother but I listen to the real sat enthusiasts who mostly are not o this forum now. And they ate saying its not the best

But yes you may have a point about people who have a enigma box already

But for me personally if the whole iptv crashed tommorow I wouldn't bother.

I'd rather watch match of the day in FHD

Mate I can get a line in 20 seconds but I am not going to bother but I listen to the real sat enthusiasts who mostly are not o this forum now. And they ate saying its not the best

But yes you may have a point about people who have a enigma box already

But for me personally if the whole iptv crashed tommorow I wouldn't bother.

I'd rather watch match of the day in FHD
Some of us sat enthusiasts couldn't give a toss about iptv

Some of us sat enthusiasts couldn't give a toss about iptv
real sat enthusiasts wouldn't use a line mate. They were totally against the whole major scene they see at as the the whole paid servers ruined there hobby

Last edited:
real sat enthusiasts wouldn't use a line mate. They were totally against the whole major scene they see at as the the whole paid servers ruined there hobby
Id fully agree with that sharing locals was the way to go.

Be we are where we are if money can be made people will.

But CS is still pretty much alive as far as sharing locals go.

Id fully agree with that sharing locals was the way to go.

Be we are where we are if money can be made people will.

But CS is still pretty much alive as far as sharing locals go.
Yes mate totally agree with you. But anybody buying a line for there enigma box is not a enthusiast

Back