UK Sat HD is back - 2023.

I don't think the return of Sat will replace IPTV now or ever but I don't believe the sat picture is as bad as people are saying. I don't watch sky channels etc much, but I have recorded something on Sky Max over the past couple of weeks and it has been perfectly watchable.

Maybe I am a different generation and I still remember watching on a 14 inch black and white tv with manual tuner which I bet many of the members on here wouldn't remember, when picture quality was pants.
I tend to agree with you i find the sd watchable for my eyes and stable , i've got the viark and i still tend to steer towards my e2 box , the layout , zapping of channels are all much quicker and i do find the premium channels more stable than the viarks maybe that's just me though as i never see anyone complain much about the few freezes on some channels. But the main attraction is the e2 box layout for me anyway.

Spot on, of course its not as good as a decent quality iptv hd quality, but its perfectly well watchable and a great back up for sky and bt sports if they should play up on iptv, which does happen from time to time.

I'm very happy with the quality of IPTV. I don't have 4k eyes any more so to me it's pretty decent .There are a few good suppliers with decent quality now but you just have to find one.I was into sat for many years and IPTV from a good provider is not any old s***. I always use a top quality box and that does make a difference. Why do most people that buy IPTV go for the cheapest box they can find when they are saving so much money on a Sly subscription.
The biggest issue people using wireless aswell. You have to expect more issues.

It's about having having a good connection with the minimimum of latency.

As @stuss mentioned good quality cables make a difference aswell.

You want to stay away from any box that runs mobile android if you can.

But all the above been said it depends on how much you watch it. Somebody who just wants football may not want to spend say

£170 on a sheild
£40 to £50 on cables.

Although you get the money back after 3 months of using iptv.

Spot on, of course its not as good as a decent quality iptv hd quality, but its perfectly well watchable and a great back up for sky and bt sports if they should play up on iptv, which does happen

Yes if you have the kit already why not I suppose

I don't think the return of Sat will replace IPTV now or ever but I don't believe the sat picture is as bad as people are saying. I don't watch sky channels etc much, but I have recorded something on Sky Max over the past couple of weeks and it has been perfectly watchable.

Maybe I am a different generation and I still remember watching on a 14 inch black and white tv with manual tuner which I bet many of the members on here wouldn't remember, when picture quality was pants.
that would be with 3 channels then original black and white tv's I remember and no14 inch ones even developed then perhaps your thinking 14 stone those old telly weighed a ton :LOL:

that would be with 3 channels then original black and white tv's I remember and no14 inch ones even developed then perhaps your thinking 14 stone those old telly weighed a ton :LOL:
Your're right, it was 12 inch wasn't it? but yes they weighed a ton, at least you didn't have to worried about it toppling of its stand lol

I was a big fan of Satellite and I had many good years out of it and ,yes the quality was great.I remember my first few IPTV subs and they were a complete nightmare and the quality was very poor,and it took a while but things have moved on and it is getting better all the time. The last 3 years I have hardly had any issues with IPTV and most issues I had were due to ISP Blocks which with a vpn I can get round. I think content wise, IPTV is far superior in every way,I Even Sly are ditching their dishes and going down the IPTV path.lol
A word on that , sLy have been trying to sell people that Sly Glass and many people have been disappointed , i read though some forums many times and the amount of people having issues with buffering and delay, people were reverting to the SLy q Box ... sly Glass is crap in my opinion , if ur broadband goes out which it can at anytime that means you have no TV, you cant go wrong with sat and sly know what , sat will be still in the game for a long long time to come , mark my words , plus the delay on that sly glass system people are starting to figure it out when they and they mates and watching matches together and the mate with the sly q system can see the goal a min before it can be seen on the sly glass... AVOID AT ALL COSTS UNLESS YOU DONT MIND DELAY WHILE WATCHING LIVE SPORTS AND BUFFERING AT TIMES!

OK so if my tv recognises an iptv stream as 4k (that's the tv settings, not the device or app) satellite HD is still better quality? Not even FHD, just HD beats 4k?
Satellite HD/FHD will always beat IPTV 4K based on factors like compression, and it being a live picture.

The 4K signal you get on your firestick/android device will never be as clean as a live 4k satellite signal.

This is obviously more than adequate for some people, but for others like me I prefer my sports in this order:

1. HD English channel e.g. 16E
  2. HD channel with foreign comms 13E/19E
  3. SD English channel
  4. IPTV
Look at BBC iPlayer and those platforms. Been around for donkey years, and are still at least 90 seconds behind live pictures.

A word on that , sLy have been trying to sell people that Sly Glass and many people have been disappointed , i read though some forums many times and the amount of people having issues with buffering and delay, people were reverting to the SLy q Box ... sly Glass is crap in my opinion , if ur broadband goes out which it can at anytime that means you have no TV, you cant go wrong with sat and sly know what , sat will be still in the game for a long long time to come , mark my words , plus the delay on that sly glass system people are starting to figure it out when they and they mates and watching matches together and the mate with the sly q system can see the goal a min before it can be seen on the sly glass... AVOID AT ALL COSTS UNLESS YOU DONT MIND DELAY WHILE WATCHING LIVE SPORTS AND BUFFERING AT TIMES!
I belive the sat needs a internet connection and iptv. The good thing iptv is not very oftern affected by the weather.

Even if we got back FHD sat feeds on UK I am not convinced it would replace IPTV. Because quite simply choice.

But I do belive some people would have both. But a sat sub would not command the same price as they once did.

Even for the sd UK versions they are quite expensive for what they are. But it is down to personal choice.

HEVC streams are where its at with Iptv now. The forgein USA channels etc have always been excellent for along time.

Last edited:
This is obviously more than adequate for some people, but for others like me I prefer my sports in this order:

1. HD English channel e.g. 16E
  2. HD channel with foreign comms 13E/19E
  3. SD English channel
  4. IPTV

SD satellite ahead of 4k iptv? That kinda suggests that you're so devoted to satellite that it doesn't matter that the quality is abysmal.

Roll up, roll up, ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the satellite versus IPTV willy waving competition!!

In one corner we have the delay on IPTV, in the other is SD v hd, in the 3rd corner is the ease of use and complicated setup Shenanigans, and there's another corner which has compression, English commentary and half a dozen other factors that no one cares about.

When we've got to the bottom of it and settled it all, we'll spend a year discussing which side of the toast should be buttered, and whether a boiled egg should be opened at the round or pointed end

Roll up, roll up, ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the satellite versus IPTV willy waving competition!!

In one corner we have the delay on IPTV, in the other is SD v hd, in the 3rd corner is the ease of use and complicated setup Shenanigans, and there's another corner which has compression, English commentary and half a dozen other factors that no one cares about.

When we've got to the bottom of it and settled it all, we'll spend a year discussing which side of the toast should be buttered, and whether a boiled egg should be opened at the round or pointed end
Pointed end always, imo, lol

The thread Tittle says UK SAT HD is back.

That is only available via Forever server boxes, Viarks GTmedia etc.

Pic quality of its uncompressed HD feed with no delay or judder ball makes it the winner hands down.

Close Thread :ROFLMAO:
Just remove the posts to talk bollocks thread lol.
Personally if wouldn’t have taken my dish down I would’ve gone down the viark route but don’t think you would get much choice on the standard size dish

Just remove the posts to talk bollocks thread lol.
Personally if wouldn’t have taken my dish down I would’ve gone down the viark route but don’t think you would get much choice on the standard size dish
You would have just about all the UK HD channels.

But as i always say that could go tomorrow, only buy one if you have a motorised or multi lnb dish setup.

I think just 16 east makes these worth getting if your a football fan. That is the main sat i use also 23.5 east for motogp and WSBK. All English commentary which is a factor i really care about.

Last edited:

What about upscaling? :unsure:

You would have just about all the UK HD channels.

But as i always say that could go tomorrow, only buy one if you have a motorised or multi lnb dish setup.

I think just 16 east makes these worth getting if your a football fan. That is the main sat i use also 23.5 east for motogp and WSBK. All English commentary which is a factor i really care about.
That’s what put me of as don’t have motorised setup and I’m in a new build house so don’t know if (what) the regulations are regarding dishes ect sounds daft but had to get permission to put outside lights up on front and back of house

That’s what put me of as don’t have motorised setup and I’m in a new build house so don’t know if (what) the regulations are regarding dishes ect sounds daft but had to get permission to put outside lights up on front and back of house
I don't think you would need permission for a standard dish.

The experts on here will tell you what you need for 16 and 23.e

Look around and see if anyone else has a dish.

Back