UK Sat HD is back - 2023.

Just a way for sky to make more money

1. Buy the tele
2. Buy the sky sub
3. Hopefully you buy there Internet

Win win for them
They don't need to spend money on Sat dishes and boxes. They can reduce the need for instillation engineers

I suppose it will work well. It's just a way of making more profit.

Just a way for sky to make more money

1. Buy the tele
2. Buy the sky sub
3. Hopefully you buy there Internet

Win win for them
They don't need to spend money on Sat dishes and boxes. They can reduce the need for instillation engineers

I suppose it will work well. It's just a way of making more profit.
Worst part they charge you installation fee for sky stream...£20-£40 depending on length of contract ...yes you pay them to self install 🤣🤣

Mind you got a good deal off virgin as I threatened to leave with the price increases.

Got
1. Gigabit broadband
2. Mobile phone sim for son unlimted calls etc 15 gig of data

Only £32.50

They are selling those sky stream boxes on ebay. They will get a shock if they leave sky they will ask for it back.

And you need to pay if you don't send it back..

Last edited:
Mind you got a good deal off virgin as I threatened to leave with the price increases.

Got
1. Gigabit broadband
2. Mobile phone sim for son unlimted calls etc 15 gig of data

Only £32.50

They are selling those sky stream boxes on ebay. They will get a shock if they leave sky they will ask for it back.

And you need to pay if you don't send it back..
If they are selling 'sky stream boxes' they're probably firesticks with IPTV sub because sky glass is built into their tellies.

If they are selling 'sky stream boxes' they're probably firesticks with IPTV sub because sky glass is built into their tellies.
No it's not a firestick. I will take a look. I thought they had a streaming device aswell now. No sub included

Yes Sly and their new streaming boxes or sly glass not a gambler myself but will see how some punters get on when they notice delay via streaming as to satellite , perhaps some users who have these devices could comment :smiley:
I have the new virgin streaming box and tbh I haven’t noticed any delay on the channels we watch to say it’s streamed over internet

I sometimes wonder why people harp on about a delay! Unless you have a train to catch! All the mainstream apps Iplayer, itvx All4 and five are a little behind! If its sport just turn off notifications, picture quality and no buffering is more important!

I sometimes wonder why people harp on about a delay! Unless you have a train to catch! All the mainstream apps Iplayer, itvx All4 and five are a little behind! If its sport just turn off notifications, picture quality and no buffering is more important!
In my case i hear the neighbours going mental before i see it happen. Both support same team.

Good bless my Viark and motorised dish i dont have that problem now with 16 East been so good.

I have the new virgin streaming box and tbh I haven’t noticed any delay on the channels we watch to say it’s streamed over internet
I have one never plugged it in lol. They say its free with some channels. But if you get it turned off they reduce the price on there deals quite a bit.

Yes, they noticed that most users will put up with any old s***, so why spend millions on broadcasting tv, when they can just stream it for next to nothing.
I'm very happy with the quality of IPTV. I don't have 4k eyes any more so to me it's pretty decent .There are a few good suppliers with decent quality now but you just have to find one.I was into sat for many years and IPTV from a good provider is not any old s***. I always use a top quality box and that does make a difference. Why do most people that buy IPTV go for the cheapest box they can find when they are saving so much money on a Sly subscription.

Satellite/cable can't be a better quality picture than the iptv streamed on legit sky/virgin devices or customers would be returning them straight away and sticking with sat/cable feed. The satellite fanboys like to convince people they're viewing much better quality than iptv but they're probably comparing it to cheap 30fps iptv not the best out there.

It's quite a contradiction to see those same people getting all excited about 28.2e clearing in SD. Fair enough they don't have a time delay of 20-30 seconds, but better quality picture? Nah.

Satellite sd is garbage but IPTV is now where as good as watching a good hd satellite channel. I have both and there is no way I would watch a game on IPTV if I can find it in hd on sat with English Comms.

OK so if my tv recognises an iptv stream as 4k (that's the tv settings, not the device or app) satellite HD is still better quality? Not even FHD, just HD beats 4k?

Satellite/cable can't be a better quality picture than the iptv streamed on legit sky/virgin devices or customers would be returning them straight away and sticking with sat/cable feed. The satellite fanboys like to convince people they're viewing much better quality than iptv but they're probably comparing it to cheap 30fps iptv not the best out there.

It's quite a contradiction to see those same people getting all excited about 28.2e clearing in SD. Fair enough they don't have a time delay of 20-30 seconds, but better quality picture? Nah.
Agree 100% on the SD it's like going back 10 years...but I have been on raw and now using the sky HD and pic quality is prob 10% crisper and smoother ...sky HD defo still has the edge but not a lot in it...

I don't think the return of Sat will replace IPTV now or ever but I don't believe the sat picture is as bad as people are saying. I don't watch sky channels etc much, but I have recorded something on Sky Max over the past couple of weeks and it has been perfectly watchable.

Maybe I am a different generation and I still remember watching on a 14 inch black and white tv with manual tuner which I bet many of the members on here wouldn't remember, when picture quality was pants.

Back