UK Sat HD is back - 2023.

@bazcfc1 With a bog standard 45cm zone 1 Sky dish you'd get the whole of get 42e, 39e, 28e, 23.5e 19.2e, 13e, 30w and likely some of 0.8w and 16e.

You could even pole mount and motorise it, if you didn't want to or weren't able to go any bigger.

EDIT 'whole' as in at the very least beams with a UK footprint before being at the risk of somebody correcting me. ;)

Last edited:
A word on that , sLy have been trying to sell people that Sly Glass and many people have been disappointed , i read though some forums many times and the amount of people having issues with buffering and delay, people were reverting to the SLy q Box ... sly Glass is crap in my opinion , if ur broadband goes out which it can at anytime that means you have no TV, you cant go wrong with sat and sly know what , sat will be still in the game for a long long time to come , mark my words , plus the delay on that sly glass system people are starting to figure it out when they and they mates and watching matches together and the mate with the sly q system can see the goal a min before it can be seen on the sly glass... AVOID AT ALL COSTS UNLESS YOU DONT MIND DELAY WHILE WATCHING LIVE SPORTS AND BUFFERING AT TIMES!

A word on that , sLy have been trying to sell people that Sly Glass and many people have been disappointed , i read though some forums many times and the amount of people having issues with buffering and delay, people were reverting to the SLy q Box ... sly Glass is crap in my opinion , if ur broadband goes out which it can at anytime that means you have no TV, you cant go wrong with sat and sly know what , sat will be still in the game for a long long time to come , mark my words , plus the delay on that sly glass system people are starting to figure it out when they and they mates and watching matches together and the mate with the sly q system can see the goal a min before it can be seen on the sly glass... AVOID AT ALL COSTS UNLESS YOU DONT MIND DELAY WHILE WATCHING LIVE SPORTS AND BUFFERING AT TIMES!

I was not knocking the quality of satellite as it is very good and I only mentioned that even Sly was now going down the IPTV path,but I was talking about the Sly streaming box not Sly Glass and I certainly would not recommend anyone giving their money to Sly. I don't follow football anymore so can't comment on the reliability of football streams on IPTV but obviously the ISP blocks always happen when the football is on so streams are coming from various sources(some unreliable).I have always had Sat and IPTV on my boxes and I currently have a VU+ DUO 4K and a Gigablue UHD UE 4K both running Satellite and IPTV but Sat is a shadow of it's former self and you have to agree that Content on IPTV is far superior to that available on Satellite. Most channels on Sly tv these days are not even worth watching and the adverts are getting that bad they are almost as long as the programs . As for the delay , mine is probably 20 to 25 seconds behind but wow,do people really care,I mean what is life coming to when you have to worry about a few seconds. I don't know even know where the last 20 years have gone lol

I was not knocking the quality of satellite as it is very good and I only mentioned that even Sly was now going down the IPTV path,but I was talking about the Sly streaming box not Sly Glass and I certainly would not recommend anyone giving their money to Sly. I don't follow football anymore so can't comment on the reliability of football streams on IPTV but obviously the ISP blocks always happen when the football is on so streams are coming from various sources(some unreliable).I have always had Sat and IPTV on my boxes and I currently have a VU+ DUO 4K and a Gigablue UHD UE 4K both running Satellite and IPTV but Sat is a shadow of it's former self and you have to agree that Content on IPTV is far superior to that available on Satellite. Most channels on Sly tv these days are not even worth watching and the adverts are getting that bad they are almost as long as the programs . As for the delay , mine is probably 20 to 25 seconds behind but wow,do people really care,I mean what is life coming to when you have to worry about a few seconds. I don't know even know where the last 20 years have gone lol
This is why I posted last night about the willy waving about sat/IPTV, who cares?
If someone wants to watch man utd V Liverpool, does it really matter what the sound, bitrate or any other crap is?
If the snobs who want 4k and Dolby surround are that interested, pay sky £100 a month, 99% of everyone else is happy to see the match and put the money saved towards something that matters like bills and other household expenses

Just checked and Nick Jr HD is also working without a boxkey, similar to all non icam SD counterparts, so assumingly improved chance of being found on non icam lines.

Think I have an icam test line but is there a guide on how to configure it from scratch?

Ain’t done ftp files to box since old cs days so little rusty. Using octagon sf8000 4K with grogbuild openATV

Updated custommix importer to include the channels if using it fetch file then rescan

I think it's correct
you will not believe this but just used fetch file to see if any changes but have not done full rescan just ABM but MTV is in HD comedy central still sd some other channels I do not have in my bouquets I do not select a sly bouquets in ABM

you will not believe this but just used fetch file to see if any changes but have not done full rescan just ABM but MTV is in HD comedy central still sd some other channels I do not have in my bouquets I do not select a sly bouquets in ABM
I'll have a look tonight

Back