UK Sat HD is back - 2023.

If an HD or 4k channel from a source such as satellite is transcoded or compressed for IPTV is it still considered HD or 4k etc. respectively?

Provided your device was 4K capable, then yeah it would be considered 4K.

Not native 4K due to compression, but would still look good to the naked eye

The prevalence of IPTV in the UK seems far too great to cause a significant demographic shift and I envisage this will mostly stay between enthusiasts and enthusiasts who buy lines etc. 😉

When mentioning my motorised setup to friends chatting about their IPTV I've sometimes had to explain why I believe it's better to receive the same channel from the original source and if you're having to convince them you've already lost half of the battle. Some friends who've considered my offer of free labour to inatall multi LNB / motorised systems at no extra cost by the next time I've seen them have often already paid for another annual IPTV sub, suggesting exactly how interested in CS they really must be and some of these have even had Skybox type CS boxes back in the old days.

Then there's the issue with the wideband LNB's since Sky Q and fewer number of 3pm games if only using 28.2e.
Most definitely, IPTV is everywhere & it's cheap, works on many devices, is easy to set up & offers vast amounts of content from providers across the globe, as well as VOD, also, it has improved greatly over a few years...picture quality, reliability & is now a very sophisticated technology. However, it does have one major flaw & that is bandwidth.....i still have a motorised system & enjoy it as a hobby/enthusiast. I enjoy the technical aspect & the innovation from both the pirates & the original providers, going back to the days of D2MAC & TV1000, Filmnet etc.

I was a big fan of Satellite and I had many good years out of it and ,yes the quality was great.I remember my first few IPTV subs and they were a complete nightmare and the quality was very poor,and it took a while but things have moved on and it is getting better all the time. The last 3 years I have hardly had any issues with IPTV and most issues I had were due to ISP Blocks which with a vpn I can get round. I think content wise, IPTV is far superior in every way,I Even Sly are ditching their dishes and going down the IPTV path.lol

I was a big fan of Satellite and I had many good years out of it and ,yes the quality was great.I remember my first few IPTV subs and they were a complete nightmare and the quality was very poor,and it took a while but things have moved on and it is getting better all the time. The last 3 years I have hardly had any issues with IPTV and most issues I had were due to ISP Blocks which with a vpn I can get round. I think content wise, IPTV is far superior in every way,I Even Sly are ditching their dishes and going down the IPTV path.lol
Yes Sly and their new streaming boxes or sly glass not a gambler myself but will see how some punters get on when they notice delay via streaming as to satellite , perhaps some users who have these devices could comment :smiley:

Yes Sly and their new streaming boxes or sly glass not a gambler myself but will see how some punters get on when they notice delay via streaming as to satellite , perhaps some users who have these devices could comment :smiley:
What do you mean devices they are just enigma 2 devices for sd sky uk.

Back