UK Sat is back - Icam UK - here we go again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see, so the box is locked in the sense that you can't view the juicy bits, but it can still be flashed.
There will be a way to look inside it and find out what's there and once that happens it's game over
Why is it game over, if you could find a way to see "the juicy bits" ?

Are you suggesting that if they are clever enough to be capable to cracking icam and the hw pairing, they would be stupid enough to leave everything decrypted inside the image ?

I see, so the box is locked in the sense that you can't view the juicy bits, but it can still be flashed.
There will be a way to look inside it and find out what's there and once that happens it's game over
its Linux, so anyone with any sort of good understanding of Linux will be able to see inside.

Are you suggesting that if they are clever enough to be capable to cracking icam and the hw pairing, they would be stupid enough to leave everything decrypted inside the image ?
I can promise you no custom build image is safe on linux . Clowns tried this on the last hack and failed massively

I can promise you no custom build image is safe on linux . Clowns tried this on the last hack and failed massively
The last hack failed as it was using un-encrypted mgcamd lines and people were selling reshares of it.

It also didn't have icam, so there were no SD channels and would have ended a few weeks after it did anyway when all the HD channels started using icam.

The last hack failed as it was using un-encrypted mgcamd lines and people were selling reshares of it.

It also didn't have icam, so there were no SD channels and would have ended a few weeks after it did anyway when all the HD channels started using icam.
Changes nothing any image can be soon be unlocked

Yes i'm not disputing that, but I seriously doubt that once inside you will find anything useful as it will be encrypted (if it isn't then i'll eat my hat, but i'd have to buy 1 first).
Would be server side where the secure kicks in

It makes no difference if it's encrypted or not, it only needs to be copied.
If they were that confident it couldn't be accessed, why bother putting everything into an encrypted image?
They could just give out the encrypted line for use on Vix, Grogbuild or any other image.

Someone will copy, crack or access it within a very short time and that's when the rattle leaves the pushchair and everything goes black

It makes no difference if it's encrypted or not, it only needs to be copied.
If they were that confident it couldn't be accessed, why bother putting everything into an encrypted image?
They could just give out the encrypted line for use on Vix, Grogbuild or any other image.

Someone will copy, crack or access it within a very short time and that's when the rattle leaves the pushchair and everything goes black
Probably another reason it's been kept very quiet, until today

You only need to look at plugins like xtream editor no one has been able to crack there plugin unlike smarters or xciptv panels so these guys should be able to do similar to e2.

Even if the software could be copied from one device to another those codes would only allow one connection at a time and multiple connections could be blocked.

I do enjoy these threads on here, where some of the TK Vets and VIP's assume that "normal" members know nothing.
I don't know anything about the new encryption tbh the first time I heard about it was in this thread.

I just find it odd in today's technology they can't protect there services without such restrictions in place at the moment .

My post was only speculation that software could be available to protect themselves

Hopefully it lasts this time. Only time will tell.

I can only advise to those wanting to purchase only do so if you can afford to do so but that's the same with anything illegally purchased.

I do enjoy these threads on here, where some of the TK Vets and VIP's assume that "normal" members know nothing.
We're all normal members, and it's obvious that you know quite a lot.
What I like about these threads, is that those who say things like ' we don't flap our lips about it on TK' and, 'it's no surprise people keep quiet about it' are the ones who are offering all the information about the boxes, how much they cost, how they work, which boxes are compatible, how the image encryption is setup and so on and so forth and extolling the virtues about how fantastic it is, but when it all goes pear shaped after a month or two, the same ones are saying, 'well at least I've still got a working box I can use for iptv.
These are the same ones who said the same things about viark and 'new E2' lines a year ago and 4 months later they were all at the bottom of a skip.

EDIT: Also when I brought up the possibility of cracking the encryption, anyone on the side of the little customer trying to stick it to corporate TV would have clapped and done a small wee and not defended that encryption

Last edited:
Twenty a day for next few months, probably more once googlebot indexes this thread and it starts showing up in search results

EDIT: Also when I brought up the possibility of cracking the encryption, anyone on the side of the little customer trying to stick it to corporate TV would have clapped and done a small wee and not defended that encryption
Where did anyone defend the encryption ?

I simply pointed out that it isn’t just a case of getting access to the box and then it’s game over (or everything can be copied).

There is a huge thread on a German board where they have been trying to pull it all apart but so far it doesn’t seem like they have got anywhere with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back