Unrealistic expectations?!

If someone has joined to find a server and not contributed to the forum. Why aren't these suppliers charging for tests. Then deduct the payment if they sign up.

This will stop freeloaders.

If someone has joined to find a server and not contributed to the forum. Why aren't these suppliers charging for tests. Then deduct the payment if they sign up.

This will stop freeloaders.
Never work as others would offer free tests.

Is it not possible to pick the request thread to say only allow people with X posts or X likes or X years on forum?

There are a lot that try it when Football or PPV events are on, some (if not all) that try must think that the suppliers are stupid! My personal opinion would be to charge a small fee for any trial (24 hours, 48 hours etc) this is not a big ask, and would hopefully get rid of most of those that come here looking for a free connection for an event, and filter out those that are truly looking for a longer subscription, but would like to try before they buy. And I agree with @channelking those that provide a service should use some common sense. But (and there nearly always is a BUT) we all know that there are some providers that would sell to anyone, and throw in next doors cat if you took a 12 month sub with them :ROFLMAO:

There are a lot that try it when Football or PPV events are on, some (if not all) that try must think that the suppliers are stupid! My personal opinion would be to charge a small fee for any trial (24 hours, 48 hours etc) this is not a big ask, and would hopefully get rid of most of those that come here looking for a free connection for an event, and filter out those that are truly looking for a longer subscription, but would like to try before they buy. And I agree with @channelking those that provide a service should use some common sense. But (and there nearly always is a BUT) we all know that there are some providers that would sell to anyone, and throw in next doors cat if you took a 12 month sub with them :ROFLMAO:

Tbh those sellers who sell to all and everyone and once something goes wrong with rogue customers shouldn't really complain. If you are not wise to who you sell to then you will end up getting in problems than it's worth.

I think offering maybe a 2 or 3 day test for a few quid would be a good idea, but of course you would still get the chancers trying to get a test when there is ppv boxing on, suppose it all comes down to what that provider would do.

Tbh those sellers who sell to all and everyone and once something goes wrong with rogue customers shouldn't really complain. If you are not wise to who you sell to then you will end up getting in problems than it's worth.
I agree, and potentially getting their service taken down (or the service they re-sell for) and messing it up for a lot more than just 1 customer or the seller themselves

I think offering maybe a 2 or 3 day test for a few quid would be a good idea, but of course you would still get the chancers trying to get a test when there is ppv boxing on, suppose it all comes down to what that provider would do.
Your right they would, and to top it off they would try and claim their money back (after the event) stating that their product never worked as described!

Is it not possible to pick the request thread to say only allow people with X posts or X likes or X years on forum?
I have been on the forum for some years and look at the new posts daily to keep up to date with what's new and for advice I am not able to offer advice as I am not tech savvy
I really appreciate all the members who offer advice and always step in to help people with there knowledge
But don't discount the members of this forum who do not post or like a lot regards

It's quite simple suppliers can control what the end user can watch. So give them a free trial without sports or PPV or charge them for a 48 hour test

It's quite simple suppliers can control what the end user can watch. So give them a free trial without sports or PPV or charge them for a 48 hour test
It's a double edged sword. Only a really good provider can be solid during heavy Sports/PPV Weekends. Best you can do is take a trial and if it's all good take a Month and see if it continues to be solid during a few major events.

Back