If I can just piggy back on this thread...would the likes of the h2s or the optimum mentioned here have surpassed the likes of the vu solo2 which i have been rocking for I dunno how many years now lol

If I can just piggy back on this thread...would the likes of the h2s or the optimum mentioned here have surpassed the likes of the vu solo2 which i have been rocking for I dunno how many years now lol
No but the H7, 8008 4k Gigablue Trio do

Guys sorry to jump onto this forum but don't think I should start a similar thread. What is better? SF8008 4K, ZGEMMA H9S SE 4K or ZGEMMA H7C?

I just need to use it for paid IPTV services and free channels on Sky? any help would be appreciated. I intend to install OpenATV and Grogbuild (If that's the best build)

just because it kinda future proof if somehow they find a way to make vermin work one day H7C has both satellite and cable other than that no reasons
so has the Sf8008 there are two different versions

OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD 1x DVB-S2X + 1x DVB-C/T2

and

OCTAGON SF8008 S2X TWIN 4K UHD 2x DVB-S2X

So one of my trivia alpha seems to have died , I mate the fatal error of turning it off for a night.

What's a good replacement? I live in Ireland so don't have freeview , my tiviar had:

1 inputs for satellite , and 1 input for Irish terrestrial Saorview is all I need in this room.
Don't use IPTV or any internet tv on the box as have fire TV also connected.

Note: I have tried dream player etc on fire TV pulling from my other tiviar alpha but i find an actual sat box more reliable with picture picture and direct tuner feeds.

So one of my trivia alpha seems to have died , I mate the fatal error of turning it off for a night.

What's a good replacement? I live in Ireland so don't have freeview , my tiviar had:

1 inputs for satellite , and 1 input for Irish terrestrial Saorview is all I need in this room.

Note: I have tried dream player etc on fire TV pulling from my other tiviar alpha but i find an actual sat box more reliable with picture picture and direct tuner feeds.
"Free TV Satellite, Aerial & CCTV Supplies | Free the TV | Shop Now"

Edision™ OS NINO PRO S2X + T2/C​

Why has it died and the symtoms are ?? tried a different power supply?

Or is it in need of a new flash and setup again.

Someone somewhere has/had a modified power source done but not sure where i saw it.

Found the thread but link is dead but it seems those psu were crap as many had the issues and the odd fix was

Stick a 12v psu 5A into it and away you go.

Last edited:
Trivia Alpha has onboard power supply. l have one here which has had very little use with a dead power supply:cry:
you could open it and check the capacitors,
thats the most common thing to go on small power supplies, they are only a few pence to replace

Back