What size dish for Astra 28.2 East?

jazz

Is a 45cm dish ok for Astra 28.2 East (Sky)? South Wales, UK area, or is there a significant benefit to use a 60cm dish? would prefer to use a 45cm dish if possible.

cheers, my location is in the zone 1 area. Just needed confirmation that there is no advantage in using a 60cm dish.(y)

Just a quick add here on dish,abit bigger than needed is aways best,this will help with rain fade.

this will help with rain fade

Hi all;
Just a quick question,my neighbor got "legit" sky and when it rains heavy he looses picture quality, will this affect me if i go down the Cs route ?
I live in S.wales where it rains most of the time (well it seems like it does :( )

cs or not picture is from the sat,even heavy snow on dish can cause small problems.if alignment of dish is out slightly then heavy rain can also upset a lower signal,dont forget the very high winds moving dishes.

Last edited:
Hi all;
Just a quick question,my neighbor got "legit" sky and when it rains heavy he looses picture quality, will this affect me if i go down the Cs route ?
I live in S.wales where it rains most of the time (well it seems like it does :( )

Hi mate if you go just a bit bigger than said it will help,but this does not mean your never lose a pic if hammering down.I've used a 1.8 meter dish & you'd be shocked how much signel you can lose when it's raining real hard.I set my mother up with sky & used the bigger sky dish,99% of the time she does not have a problem with signel.I hope this help out.

Back