WooshBuild v3.01- Zgemma 2S + USB Cam Transfer Plugin + BaseBuild - OpenATV 5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive noticed my box is very slow, is there a fix to speed it up
the cross epg/tv importer is set to media/hdd (my external 8gb usb)
Box should not be slow, I guess you are using the latest build & have carried out the updates as instructed? What are you using, a H2S or an older box? I believe the H2S does tend to be quicker. Also when you say slow do you mean loading up any screen etc? Also guess you do not do a lot of recording to HDD, as 8Gb appears rather small.

gonna remount it tomorrow as i think it could be i have downloaded to many pecons for the dongle so gonna format and try it fresh but thanks for advise..

Morning Wooshman, just updated to you V4 beta, looking lovely again!!

just a quick question, when it went to the flashing screen, (the one in black and white with 2 large white progress bars on the screen), at the bottom it said bad blocks=5 uncritical with no changes. is this a normal thing? sometimes when i change channels i get the loading circle in the top left corner and i wasnt sure if its my box (even though im running H2S) or something else?

cheers matey

The bad blocks message always appears and is nothing to worry about.
The blue spinning circle is caused by timeshift settings so you can increase the time to reduce the frequency with which it appears.

The bad blocks message always appears and is nothing to worry about.
The blue spinning circle is caused by timeshift settings so you can increase the time to reduce the frequency with which it appears.
If this post helps or answers your question, please hit the thanks/like button
ok thanks,

increased to 10 seconds and it seems to have gone. nice one!

Last edited:
it won't let me download the build because i'm a newbie :beg:please help
Check with instructions for joining site & you will see a section on introducing yourself. Once you have read this you will understand that you need (I believe it is) at least one post etc before you can download. Once you have read this section on joining you will understand why this is the case, good luck and enjoy.

Check with instructions for joining site & you will see a section on introducing yourself. Once you have read this you will understand that you need (I believe it is) at least one post etc before you can download. Once you have read this section on joining you will understand why this is the case, good luck and enjoy.

thank you, I have done all of the following. Now I guess I just need to wait. I have been looking through the forum and this seems to be the best for dummies guide I can find on here so I am hoping I can get it to work.....have a 4 year old asking why she can't watch cbeebies is driving me mad :willy nilly:

Hi all, I've downloaded the build for my shiny new Star 2S and after initially failing to boot from one of my USB sticks, I managed to get it to FLASH from another. It's restarted and showing the proper splash screen, but the box has been sitting as -49- (front display) for around an hour now. Anyone with any suggestions of how I may have screwed up and how I might resolve?

EDIT: Solved. For anyone else that has this problem, it doesn't matter how many USB drives you've tried, even if they did work once: try another one and refresh, it will EVENTUALLy fix it.

Last edited:
My first time with a zgemma and it has been a little bit tiresome already! (24 hrs)...hope this solves all my problems :-/

Hi, I cant seem to get this downloaded as I dont have permissions. I created a post introducing my self.

Any help please??

Last edited:
Hi all. I am now at present on my 4th attempt to achieve an online Flash but I get an error message informing me "not enough free space on /hdd!! You need at least 300mb free space" but I have tried 2 empty 64 GB flash drives to the same result :damn:
Any advice please?

Many thanks for Wooshbuild and the installation guides. For newbies like myself it takes a whole lot of setting up out of the equation. Great work.

Hi guys - totally new to this but it's all running fine first time. Excellent instructions! But the one question I have for now is, how do I hide certain sections? I've sussed how to hide the adult section if I wish but how do I hide the religious section, gaming and dating, international etc?

Cheers.

Thank you wooshman.
This looks like a really good guide which is exactly what i was looking for.
I've got a zgemma star 2s. and it seems the new default install of openATV has not showing any softcam plugins to download through the gui. (it might be just me:( haha)
So yea I'll let you know how it goes
Cheers

Anybody know how to access/use the sub menu's at the top of the EPG Entertainment/News/Kids etc.?
Yep, think it has already been mentioned somewhere but just hit the next key on the remote & previous key if you want to go back - simples! Just remember that this is a post for usb cam transfer issues & you can find most answers to questions if you carry out a search.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back