Zgemma H7 Tuner B fault - is it just me?

grog68

VIP Member
TK Supporter
I took delivery of a box of H7C's this morning and I was so excited.

I plugged one in, installed skins and plugins etc and then went and set up the tuners, I did an automatic scan and noticed tuner B found no channels, so I disabled the sat tuner (tuner A) and tuner C and ran a scan again still no channels found, ok so disabled tuner B and enabled tuner C with exactly same settings - scan type Provider, provider to scan virgin Media UK (pure) - and all the channels found when doing a scan.

ABM scans ok with no errors popping up. so after enabling tuner b again I started a recording on BBC1, then turned TV over to BBC 2 and still had picture, but then I turned to ITV and no picture and the same on channels 4 and 5.

OK I thought, dodgy tuner. Turned box off and plugged another one in. This time done no updates no plugins or skins just went straight to tuner configuration, disabled tuners A and C, run autoscan and again nothing. no channels found. Enable tuner C and disable tuner B and yep full list of channels.

I've now done this on 3 boxes, all with the same results.

So my question, has anyone with a H7C tried an automatic scan (menu -> setup -> service searching -> automatic scan) and got all the channels on Tuner B? or tried recording one cable channel while watching another? does it work OK in which case I must have a bad batch or are others seeing the same issue? maybe I am doing something wrong, but my settings are the same as I have on the other 3 cable boxes I'm using.

I'm going to cry now

I would try another firmware. Just to try it

As I know atv, can and have had problems with this before
Maybe a bad update
Even roll it back to an older one for the time being

I've tried it on both atv6 and atv6.1

I know another member on here has one that's working fine and I'm sure they are using ATV but will give it a go, trying openSpa as it's an officially supported. see what happens.

OpenSpa hass same issue, even doing a signal finder, get good readings on Tuner C but tuner B with same settings has no signal

you know when you've been working on something so long you can not see what's in front of you. Saw rf port so just plugged in, didn't notice the 2nd one :) now I am really crying haha

I was like that yesterday so your not alone....maybe its an age thing... gave me a good laugh so I thank you for that :)

Last edited:
We all been there
At least you are sorted

So how is she
Will tell you when she's up and running, but first impressions are good. the led logo isn't a major distraction. well not when you're going mad and shouting at the box 'cause tuner aint working LOL

So what was the problem for when I get one and don't make the same mistake

I'm sure the logo was the last thing on your mind lol

there wasnt a problem with the box thats for sure

I've had two issues setting this box up & both have been user error not box related lol

Ive been giving this box a good thrashing over the last few days & I've not had one crash screen (touch wood). so far cant fault it one bit

Last edited:
So what was the problem for when I get one and don't make the same mistake

I'm sure the logo was the last thing on your mind lol
Problem was me, my two other multi tuner cable boxes H5.2tc and vu+ Uno both have a single rf input which is then split internally so I assumed the H7 did the same but the H7 has 2 rf inputs so you need a splitter just for the box, that's in addition to any splitter you may need when splitting the cable from router.

I noticed when i fitted a hardrive there are only two tuners A and B are a hybrid sat/cable/terr all in one, C is C/terr only.

The h7 they are all single tuners
So

Sat
Cable
Cable

Are they all configured and you have used them

There was a bad ABM from a while ago that didn't recognize all of them

The h7 they are all single tuners
So

Sat
Cable
Cable

Are they all configured and you have used them

There was a bad ABM from a while ago that didn't recognize all of them

There are only two tuners in the box C which can be used for cable or terrestrial, A and B are one tuner satellite/cable/terrestrial, yes i have them all set up as three virtual tuners on sat/cable/cable, its a h7c

Tuner A/B are on the same board, the unit is a sat tuner + cable/terestrial tuner. not one tuner that is capable of sat/cable/terestrial or if that was the case you could use as a twin cable or twin sat tuner which you can't

Back