2 lnbs on a sky dish

shielser

alright everyone. i want to install an extra dish to-get 19.2 and hotbird. can i install a multi lnb holder onto the sky dish? also is the dish the right size for the two sats. ill be glad of any suggestions thanks.

will it go on to a sky dish

---------- Post Merged at 04:07 PM ----------

i have 4 receivers. so i dont think it will be an opition unless i run the motorized dish to the main box

---------- Post Merged at 04:12 PM ----------

i have one dish up already on 28.2 and i was going to put another dish on 13.0 e and 19.2. i was going to use dicsq switches "cant spell" do i need them for a motorized dish?

You can only use 1 sat at a time with a motorized dish-----you need to state your exact requirements such as , are all four boxes working at same time on different sats/channels----4 boxes operating will conflict unless all on same sat.. With a multi bracket you need 3 lnbs [quads] and once again you will find life complicated with diseqc switch and sat box switchover.
The system mentioned by friend leslie above is cheap easy to fit and with a quad easy for 4 boxes but only 1 sat at a time can be watched.
Reaper.

ok i have a sky dish with 4 receivers and im thinking of putting an extra sky dish that i have spare with 2 lnb attached. i need to know if an multi lnb holder will fit a standard sky 60cm dish and will it be two small to hit 19.2 and hotbird. thanks

---------- Post Merged at 06:48 PM ----------

sorry i meant i have a sky dish and 2 lnbs spare

---------- Post Merged at 06:51 PM ----------

i was thinking if i put the dish with 2 lnbs attached to hotbird and 19.2 and the other dish with 28.2 so if i cut 3 small wires and put them inti the diseqc switch and connect to the wires i already have there and repeat.

i just bolted the dish to a bit of wood out the back and i seem to get all 19.2 fine. do you think i need a bigger dish to get 2 together? and what do you think about the lnb holder will it go onto a standard sky dish?

---------- Post Merged at 07:03 PM ----------

can you put a motor on to a sky dish?

Pointless motor on a sky dish----there is over a 1000 channels on 19.2e so you won't get them all with your "Heath Robinson" set up plus over 1400 channels on 13e.Up to you but it'll be cheaper buying the set up in the long run, rather than sat dishes everywhere stuck on lumps of wood.
Reaper.

lol i only put it on it to see if it was wort my while putting an dish or changing my set up. i seem to get 1000 channels fine at the min on 19.2. and if i move the dish to hotbird i get 1400 fine. im not going to have dishes on bits of wood permanent. i think the wood would rot anyway lol

---------- Post Merged at 07:30 PM ----------

i was looking at a twin lnb with a 6 degrees difference. it would only feed one receiver though.

---------- Post Merged at 07:31 PM ----------

if i can get them in now why would a motor be pointless?

---------- Post Merged at 07:41 PM ----------

what type of dish did you use?

Both my dishes are Fortec Star with quad lnbs, 90 and a 1.2 dishes although I do have a technomate and an echostar available all offset.Using Alsat H-H Dark motors.Nobody needs all this gear unless into the hobby big time or doing what I do lol-----the cheap set up already discussed is perfect for your needs and with a multi sub will give you plenty to watch.
Reaper.

Back