Guide A Guide to IPTV.

Well my opinion the sheild is still number one.
What's that?

Good web players are in short supply.
Yeah that's been my experience as well. On TV at least we have tivimate but for all other devices most stuff I found was crap (app or web based). Seems like they're all the same (more or less) just with a different branding. I guess if it's possible to rely on X3M to sign in (for those providers that dont want to give away their server url) then it should be good. Need to explore that.

*Nvidia Shield - premium streaming box.

Good we players are short in supply, I assume because an app can handle a large playlist & various codecs.

All you need is a app that dosent use too many resources. Tivimate uses loads of resources same as IMPLAYER but a really good app with nice interface is IBO player.

XCIPTV and Purple are other good examples.

Say a provider says use our box ie a T95 android 10 should I assume that will work best with app supplied but last night it was pretty ropey.

Have you turned off parental controls on your broadband account?

Sounds like you may have fallen victim to the cheapo overloaded servers that make up 70-80% of providers.
I'm surprised it's lasted two weeks

View attachment 83859
For us Newbies it seems impossible to make the right choice of provider. I signed up to TechKings because I understood providers would have a rating to help us choose. I put a lot of time into research and reading these forums but seem to have fallen victim- perhaps it's inevitable until...>? Thanks

For us Newbies it seems impossible to make the right choice of provider. I signed up to TechKings because I understood providers would have a rating to help us choose. I put a lot of time into research and reading these forums but seem to have fallen victim- perhaps it's inevitable until...>? Thanks
Take some trials, pick a good one, pay month to month for a while, simples....

Thanks, yes I guess it's pot luck then!
To a certain degree, but if you only buy month to month you can assess how things are sorted if you get issues. If you are not happy you can move on, if you lock in for longer earlier , you are then stuck.

To a certain degree, but if you only buy month to month you can assess how things are sorted if you get issues. If you are not happy you can move on, if you lock in for longer earlier , you are then stuck.
Thanks- can you offer any clues about spotting 'good providers'? eBay has a points system, Amazon has a (dodgy?) reviews...TechKings has good advice but..?

The thing is people go for price over quality cause there’s that many that’s cheap they thinks it’s the bread and butter till things start to go wrong

Thanks- can you offer any clues about spotting 'good providers'? eBay has a points system, Amazon has a (dodgy?) reviews...TechKings has good advice but..?

Check the members profile (hover over their name). I only respond to Veterans and VIP members. Also pay attention to the amount of messages, their reaction score and point. I don't know what all these mean but I take it as an indicator of how active they are here.

you will find a lot of good providers not answering requests any more, some of the crap posted in the requests thread is beyond belief :LOL:

Sorry, I'm reactivating this discussion to get your opinion on the applications you regularly use on Windows, and not on Android (or Android TV). I get the impression that there's very little (if any) good software on the PC; would you know some? Please note that I don't want to use an emulator (eg. Bluestacks) to launch an Android app... Thanks !

Back